Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pinion Gearing, Im confused

I purchased a Axial Yeti. the kit comes with a pinion with a 5mm shaft hole. I purchased the Mamba max pro sct motor which has a 1/8 in shaft. What pinion will fit? I cant even find one with that shaft listing on the Castle products in Tower. Is this considered a 3 mm shaft ? 1/8 in would be 3.1something in millimeters so I am afraid to order one saying 3 mm or it won't fit. What am I doing wrong here? what don't I know. I don't figure that Castle would sell a shafted motor I cant get a pinion for. HELP please
    I love RC and RC loves me!
    Traxxas Jato 3.3 Custom(2), HoBao Hyper 7(2), Ofna Hyper GT, Associated MGT 4.6, Kyosho Javelin, Axial YETI kit build.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Found this on Robinson Racing pinions for Yeti:
    "RRP#1200 5 m/m to 1/8 inch Reducer Sleeve required for 1/8 inch shaft motors."
    (That's a Robinson Racing part number)

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Robinson-...eti-p/8616.htm
    Just a schmoe....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    3mm (1/8") shaft 32p pinion gears...you are good to go. I had the same dilemma . So far, I am having great success with Traxxas pinions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
    3mm (1/8") shaft 32p pinion gears...you are good to go. I had the same dilemma . So far, I am having great success with Traxxas pinions.
    Thank you, so if they list it as 3 mm it will fit the 1/8 shaft? Thats good to know. Will make the ordering easier. I may look into the robinson racing since I upgraded the spur to the steel.
    I love RC and RC loves me!
    Traxxas Jato 3.3 Custom(2), HoBao Hyper 7(2), Ofna Hyper GT, Associated MGT 4.6, Kyosho Javelin, Axial YETI kit build.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I really like Robinson Racing's pinion gears, especially when using 48p gears. But dealing with 32p/Mod .8 or MOD1 gears, I stepped "off the grid" and run whatever I can find. Running a Traxxas pinion gear in my Yeti's 550 motor for the past five months has got my stamp of approval.

I thought about getting a 68T steel spur gear, but after reading about other people saying the stock gear holding up well in most cases, I've held off on hitting the BIN button. You'll have to let me/us know your thoughts when running steel on steel.