Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Redcat terramotto winter

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 06:01 AM
daadgray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat terramotto winter

I can't run my truck outside any more. It'll go about 20 feet then slow down and die. It's winter here but not really cold. Before I charged the battery's I could run it in the cold for 20-30 mins. I followed all charging instructions. Any ideas? The guy I got it from had it charged up and ready to go

Last edited by daadgray; 02-07-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:16 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Battery might be going bad? Only way you can really figure it out is to buy a better charger. Also, is it brushless? If so, it could be binding in the transmission and overheating the motor, and the ESC shuts it off because its overheating.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:00 PM
daadgray

It's a redcat terramotto v2 brushless. How would I test the esc to see if it's bad