Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Short course stock class.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Mr_Momesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short course stock class.

Hey guys I'm kind of new to the R/C scene. Was wondering what the rules are for Short course stock class I know you're supposed to have a 17.5 motor just dont know what else? Also, what are some good 17.5 motors and or any other products to be competitive in short course racing. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:02 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as spec short course goes, my local RC track has a great explanation.

• The 17.5 Short Course class allows short course trucks and buggies with aftermarket parts and tires to compete in a motor controlled class. Allowable motors are the Losi LOSB9999 brushed motor, Traxxas TRA3785 Titan brushed motor, or any 17.5 brushless motor used with an ESC without timing advance (i.e. no Turbo Mode, Boost, etc.). Batteries are limited as described in the previous line item.
As far as a good 17.5 goes, most of the guys run Trinity D3.5s.... and then there's me with my Titan 12T on a rickety old Slash, yet I still get podium position consistently. Don't think its too much about the motor, more about the driver skill, though the motor does help. Also, on the motor, your track might be picky with "ROAR Approved" equipment. I personally think its crap, and if they do too, you cannot go wrong with an Atomik RC RED 17.5T motor.

Atomik 17.5; http://www.amazon.com/Atomik-17-5T-2.../dp/B0071LLDJS

Trinity 17.5; http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...FUM8gQodOgEOmA