Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Newbie needs help with Redcat Terremoto V2

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 02:34 PM
infocus2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help with Redcat Terremoto V2

New to the forum and making a come back to the rc world after years of down time. I recently bought a Redcat Terremoto V2 and I'm looking to see if there are any of body options other than the stock bodies. I'm also looking at changing the wheels to something with some color. I'm unfamiliar with the wheel size I need. I like the deep dish negative offset look. I would appreciate any help I could get and I look forward to chatting it up and learning. Thanks!

Last edited by infocus2006; 03-27-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:13 AM
infocus2006

I looked at the manual on Redcats website and it doesn't have a wheel and tire measurement. Just model numbers
Old 03-28-2016, 11:31 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd throw some 3.8 wheels or some truggy wheels and tires on there if you want dished rims.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:42 PM
infocus2006

Do you recommended a particular brand? I found some I like but I have no idea if they'll fit. I know I need a 17mm hub. Thanks for the reply!
Old 03-28-2016, 12:53 PM
infocus2006

I found these. They are 1/8 scale. Just would like to find a different body other than the stock red body the Terremoto V2 1/8 comes with to match the wheels. I can't find anything on what bodies would work with this truck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	2154796   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	435
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2154797  
Old 03-28-2016, 06:01 PM
RustyUs

I think you have a platform that will allow a slew of bodies to be mounted. The Terremoto V2 being a monster truck, with a raised body on posts, you have many options and choices. I'd start looking at some other monster trucks for wheelbase measurements close to the Redcat's. I haven't looked at the "insides" of the Terremoto V2, but I'm pretty sure there would be a good possibility to be able to install adjustable body posts, if the stock ones aren't already adjustable.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:21 PM
infocus2006

I appreciate the info! I'll do some measuring and see what I can come up with. It never done any body work in the past when I was messing with rc buggies. I just kept whatever they came with and that was it. It has changed dramatically since then and I like all the options and possibilities that are available. Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by RustyUs
I think you have a platform that will allow a slew of bodies to be mounted. The Terremoto V2 being a monster truck, with a raised body on posts, you have many options and choices. I'd start looking at some other monster trucks for wheelbase measurements close to the Redcat's. I haven't looked at the "insides" of the Terremoto V2, but I'm pretty sure there would be a good possibility to be able to install adjustable body posts, if the stock ones aren't already adjustable.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:35 AM
RustyUs

Check out Pro-Line Monster Truck Bodies for some options . They always have great bodies that are normally thicker than the run of the mill stock RTR ones. Their wheels are also top notch stuff. 3.8" wheels or Truggy 4" wheels. Jconcepts would be another good place to look for a body and wheels.

We can't forget Parma for when your Monster Truck body needs. If you are into airbrushing...I'm really liking their Lexan paints as well.

You didn't say if you're up to the painting task. If you don't want to paint, then once again, your options are limited to what's out there on RTR 1/8 scale monster truck models. I'll let you do some homework, but a short time ago, you could find some pre-masked/pre-colored ProGraphix bodies for Traxxas TMaxx. Just look at the wheelbase of the platform to get a better "feel" for what bodies would have the look you're going for.

Heck, HPI even has a Dodge Charger for their Savage monster trucks.

I'm not up to date with every manufacturer's body durability, but I've read about people complaining the Redcat trucks have thin bodies.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	charger.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	2154913  

Last edited by RustyUs; 03-29-2016 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:40 AM
infocus2006

I have been doing some homework. Quite a bit actually. I spent 4 or 5 hours a night for the last week looking for info on bodies but haven't really found anything. I found some for the 1/10 scale but that's it. I'm down for painting too. I have airbrush equipment and other paint guns.
Originally Posted by RustyUs
Check out Pro-Line Monster Truck Bodies for some options . They always have great bodies that are normally thicker than the run of the mill stock RTR ones. Their wheels are also top notch stuff. 3.8" wheels or Truggy 4" wheels. Jconcepts would be another good place to look for a body and wheels.

We can't forget Parma for when your Monster Truck body needs. If you are into airbrushing...I'm really liking their Lexan paints as well.

You didn't say if you're up to the painting task. If you don't want to paint, then once again, your options are limited to what's out there on RTR 1/8 scale monster truck models. I'll let you do some homework, but a short time ago, you could find some pre-masked/pre-colored ProGraphix bodies for Traxxas TMaxx. Just look at the wheelbase of the platform to get a better "feel" for what bodies would have the look you're going for.

Heck, HPI even has a Dodge Charger for their Savage monster trucks.

I'm not up to date with every manufacturer's body durability, but I've read about people complaining the Redcat trucks have thin bodies.