Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Good Buggy for my money

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 01:06 PM
LalaTheDullahan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Buggy for my money

What are some suggestions for a good buggy? Something that you can get replacement parts for if I need them. I know all the main brands HPI, Team Losi, Team Associated etc. have replacement parts for, but not sure about some of the lesser known ones and if they are even worth looking at.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:47 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to RCU.

You are wanting a kit or RTR?
Planing on racing?
Budget?

Either way I'd tell you flat out Associated or Losi buggies are great. I just got done posting this morning about how wonderful my 10 year old Associated B4 is. Team Associated always has parts support that is top notch.

We just need a little bit more info on what you already have, e.g., transmitter, charger, motor, ESC...etc. etc.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:28 PM
LalaTheDullahan

Thanks for the reply. I do have a Team Losi radio and the ecu from a Micro or Mini truck I used to run in the house. I was wanting to get an RTR and I would like to eventually do some racing. Trying to keep it $500 and below.

Last edited by LalaTheDullahan; 04-17-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:18 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Are you talking about a 1/8 or a 1/10 buggy? For bashing, 1/10 buggies are not a great idea due to their lightweight construction built with tracks in mind. 1/8 buggies though are more robust and well built and are okay for being bashed.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:21 PM
LalaTheDullahan

I was thinking 1/10. But a 1/8 would be better for just bashing around the majority of the time?
Old 04-17-2016, 07:00 PM
RustyUs

The name of the game is mid-motor (MM) nowadays for racing. The move has been on for some time now for using mid-motor set-ups in all track conditions. I have yet to make my own decision on which is better for outdoor real dirt bumpy track conditions. The "pros" have spoken though and it seems MM is the way to go. That being said, there are slim pickin's in RTR MM 1/10 2wd buggy group .
Old 04-17-2016, 11:07 PM
LalaTheDullahan

Originally Posted by RustyUs
The name of the game is mid-motor (MM) nowadays for racing. The move has been on for some time now for using mid-motor set-ups in all track conditions. I have yet to make my own decision on which is better for outdoor real dirt bumpy track conditions. The "pros" have spoken though and it seems MM is the way to go. That being said, there are slim pickin's in RTR MM 1/10 2wd buggy group .
So probably just anything from Losi and Associated and I'd be good?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:54 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by LalaTheDullahan
So probably just anything from Losi and Associated and I'd be good?
If you are seriously going to race eventually, piece together components that you want in your buggy. You will save money in the long run and have better spec'ed reliable gear (assuming one doesn't go super low budget). I haven't seen a great ready to race package that's decent since the Losi 22 and Team Durango DEX210 were out. The most capable RTR that I know of, is the Spyder Buggy SRX-2 MM 2wd 1/10 RTR. But then you have to deal with the components that are dealt to you. A possible faster servo might be need to suite taste, and you would still need batteries & charger to get up and running.

If you don't want to veer off from the mainstream crowd, then you already know where to look for your next ride.