Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Best brushed esc

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:48 PM
cplchilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best brushed esc

Just need some advice need to replace my esc in my sons raven its got a 15t motor in it. Its just a raven so i wanna keep it cheap thx in advance
Old 05-02-2016, 02:04 AM
xlDooM

I bought the "New Rain 320A waterproof brushed ESC" from ebay for $10.44. It is listed as 60A continous current and has a sizable heat sink. I soldered a 1000uF capacitor on the battery leads close to the ESC to help keep it cool, and it has so far been very good. It runs extremely cool even in tall grass. I put 6 batteries through it so far and it was never more than warm to the touch, I'd say around 100F (38C).

For $10, surely it's worth a shot. It takes around two weeks to come from china though.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:07 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Like what xlDooM said, or maybe try ...Hobbywing QuicRun 1060 60A Brushed Waterproof Motor ESC. I don't know what type of connectors you are using, as you will have to take that into consideration as well.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:03 PM
cplchilly

Im gonna put deans on this car so its the same as my other cars. I dont want to solder anything im just looking for a plug and play cause i just want to get this car running
Old 05-02-2016, 12:57 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The QuickRun 1060 is good, I have a couple and they hold up well.