Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RC10B3 beater upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Jimbo302

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New body and swapped the original tires back on.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Jimbo302

Installed brushless sensored ESC and 8.5t motor.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Jimbo302

I think I have a diff or wheel bearing issue. Going to open it up and see why I'm getting one tire fire.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Jimbo302

Last edited by Jimbo302; 06-07-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Jimbo302

Fixed a bent washer and cleaned and oiled the right rear hub and it seems to be working good now.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:34 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Looking good, but please get a wing on there. Just kidding.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Jimbo302

I bought a Flysky gt3b , and right now I am hating it. It doesn't have much steering trim adjustment , so I tried adjusting the servo arm to get a decent center. No luck. Swapped a longer arm on, no luck.
I'm wishing I had stayed with a transmitter that had normal adjustment knobs and not a tiny range of movement based on the digital screen.

Anyone want to buy a new TX/rx?

Last edited by Jimbo302; 06-07-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Jimbo302

I finally got the arm and linkage adjusted so that with almost all of the controller adjustment to the left dialed in, the car goes straight. Wouldn't you know it, the long arm doesn't fit under the body.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:09 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by Jimbo302
I bought a Flysky gt3b , and right now I am hating it. It doesn't have much steering trim adjustment , so I tried adjusting the servo arm to get a decent center. No luck. Swapped a longer arm on, no luck.
I'm wishing I had stayed with a transmitter that had normal adjustment knobs and not a tiny range of movement based on the digital screen.

Anyone want to buy a new TX/rx?
If it was a FS-GT3C I'd make you an offer. I have this thing about plastic steering wheel grips. I need foam rubber ...I'm sensitive .

I don't think the problem is the transmitter's trim adjust-ability. It's not meant correct a "bad" steering situation. Trim is there to "coax" the model, not shove it in the direction you want. If I gotta use more than half of the available trim on my transmitter to get a car/truck to track straight, then I know there is another issue I gotta fix somewhere down the line.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:34 PM
RustyUs

I'm sure you'll get it working.

Maybe check the servo saver is tight enough.

I know I get frustrated when setting up my servos. Trying to get their arm perfectly centered in conjunction with the bellcrank (as per manual) and then getting the servo mounted, only to find I'd would be better off moving the servo arm 1 tooth this way or that way.

Last edited by RustyUs; 06-07-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Jimbo302

Yeah, I'm just frustrated that my other two controllers had enough trim to make it work with room to spare and this one is at the limit no matter how I set it up.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Jimbo302

Put the short arm back in adjusted everything, got it right. Went through the transmission, rebuilt the diff, installed the b4 top shaft and slipper. Did some more tinkering on the suspension, made sure everything was good and threw a 2s in it.

This car is faster than I thought and handles pretty good. My oldest daughter is going to pilot this one, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Jimbo302

Put a brushed 20T in it for now. The diff likes that a lot better.
I actually had to take a dremel to the motor plate to fit the "photon speed" motor.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Jimbo302

I packed the diff with white grease and installed bearings throughout the transmission. Much smoother and it handles launches better.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:39 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive had a b3 and I miss it. Had a thunder tiger phoenix (same just brushless) and miss it as well.

The B3 I had, had some alloy on it. front bottom chassis plate and the rear bottom area as well. It was a tough buggy.

The thunder tiger was also pretty tough. It comes with a mild brushless system that is also under geared. that means rocket acceleration but not as much top speed as you would expect. I had to put on a larger pinion gear on mine. Then it was just right. I liked the radio the thunder tiger came with as well.

For me, a buggy isn't much fun for bashing. A short course truck or monster truck is better. But put a buggy on a tight dirt track and that gets the blood pumping! I only have a evader BX buggy right now, which is not as nice or dialed in as the B3, but even still my backyard track is small and the buggy is more fun than my ECX circuit, traxxas stampede or eagle-3.

A buddy of mine had a b4 when I had my b3 and he had a track in his backyard. My B3 seemed to be more durable and more agile than his B4. Might have just been driver ability, but racing those 2 buggies on his track was great fun.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:48 PM
Jimbo302

Originally Posted by nitrosportsandrunner
Ive had a b3 and I miss it. Had a thunder tiger phoenix (same just brushless) and miss it as well.

The B3 I had, had some alloy on it. front bottom chassis plate and the rear bottom area as well. It was a tough buggy.

The thunder tiger was also pretty tough. It comes with a mild brushless system that is also under geared. that means rocket acceleration but not as much top speed as you would expect. I had to put on a larger pinion gear on mine. Then it was just right. I liked the radio the thunder tiger came with as well.

For me, a buggy isn't much fun for bashing. A short course truck or monster truck is better. But put a buggy on a tight dirt track and that gets the blood pumping! I only have a evader BX buggy right now, which is not as nice or dialed in as the B3, but even still my backyard track is small and the buggy is more fun than my ECX circuit, traxxas stampede or eagle-3.

A buddy of mine had a b4 when I had my b3 and he had a track in his backyard. My B3 seemed to be more durable and more agile than his B4. Might have just been driver ability, but racing those 2 buggies on his track was great fun.
I get exactly what you are saying. A buggy was a great basher for me when I was a kid, but this one is a bit much for my oldest.

I bought her a Stampede and she really prefers it. Which is why I think I am going to clean up the B3 and sell it.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:56 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I enjoy driving buggies on a track. just bashing around the yard or on the street however, Id much prefer a short course or monster truck. I think most kids would prefer a stampede or similar truck since most of them drive on grass, dirt or on the street with a lot of area. A track with tight turns is where a buggy really shines.