Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ECX Ruckus 4x4 brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:20 AM
Jp1ruckus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that i can see or feel. I haven't disassembled the diffs on the brushless yet. Only on the original torment but they looked good with very minimal play. Will make the brushless perfect ive got .1 .2 and .3mm shims arriving with my traxxas links. All joking aside i highly recommend putting smaller contact patch tires on the 4x4 platform, no wider than torment wheels. Might look odd with mt body but damn it runs good. Yeah you get better ground clearance with mt tyres but with 45 wt-50 wt shock oil and extra pre loads you dont need them. Good thing about the ruckus body over the torment body is it keep all the dirt mud n water out.
Another good upgrade is the front bumper. Rpm or t bone. Protect them front wheels and a arms. Some1 has done a good mod on bolting through to hold the pins in. mikekirk.org
Also i put a 16t pinion in the brushed 4x4 (12t is standard on stock torment) and the keeps up with the brushless all day. Not for off road or long grass though. Run standard pinion if off roading will put to much strain on motor.
looking forward to seeing what is inside these diffs.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Jp1ruckus

People are complaining about weak front cv joints. Will the rear dog bones not fit. Should be stronger. What do you guys think. I will have a play.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Stevod313

I just bought the new ecx ruckus 4x4 n the servo is garbage! It wasn’t even tight out of the box I had to replace the stripped screws, also on my first run the motor burned up,it just stopped n smoke started pouring out! I also had issues with the range,it would be 10 feet in front of me n lose signal, n then it would take off full speed n I wouldn’t have any control,so ya it was my first ecx product n I wasn’t very happy