Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New To Me Team Associated RC10 SC Unknown ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 03:55 AM
djr8505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Me Team Associated RC10 SC Unknown ESC

Good morning everyone. The other night I decided to foray into RC sports again and I managed to pick up a used 2wd short course truck. Sadly I think it is set on NiMH mode since one of the Lipo cells that I picked up with it has become overdischarged. I tried to look up the ESC for this model but the pictures online do not match what is in the car and sadly again, there is no visible markings on the ESC to denote the model. The system is brushless and In my research I think it to be either the XP 450-BL or the XP 400-BL. I have included a picture of the actual unit and am farly sure that it is not one of the newest models where the set switch is connected with the power button (since the on/off switch is missing and wires are jumpered together).

Any help is greatly appreciated and I hope to contribute to the community with the more that I learn.
DJ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170317_073252.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	2205703  
Old 03-17-2017, 03:15 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to RCU.

I really think that ESC you got there is not an Associated/XP/Reedy ESC. Those heatsinks don't look like anything that I've seen before from Associated. The only thing "XP" about the ESC is the three blue wires...that is what gets me stumped. Definitely not a XP SC450-BL
Old 03-19-2017, 04:33 PM
djr8505

Thanks for the response. I did forget to mention that there is a settings button on the unit near the heatsink and if it is held down before the unit is powered on it does enter some form of setup with beeping and LED flashes, unfortunately I have no way of knowing what the choices are. If I can get industrious over the next few days I'll shoot a video of the power on cycle and the settings cycle.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:11 AM
djr8505

Here are some other Pictures that I took of the ESC. I actually found out that there are 2 small buttons on the side of the unit, the front most button when held down must cycle through the different options that are available for change. The rear most button selects the option available in the submenu.

And Here is a video of the startup of the ESC. I also have a video of the menu cycle but it is not completely uploaded yet.
https://youtu.be/EaV4SRCbytc

**EDIT: Here is a link to the video showing the menu cycling on the ESC.

https://youtu.be/CNRsrXBAsq0

Last edited by djr8505; 03-21-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added additional video
Old 03-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Rowdyray

Pretty sure this is what you have, although it may be an earlier version. If you click on file, there are some manual downloads. Hope it helps.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...w-reverse.html
Old 03-22-2017, 07:21 AM
djr8505

I haven't had a chance to try the settings that they give under the file tab (drowned the truck last night and need to wait for it to dry out) but hopefully after work tonight I'll have a chance to give it a shot. If it works I will owe you an E-beer!