Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Looking for a e-revo expert for some advice !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 05:16 PM
nemoreborn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a e-revo expert for some advice !!!!

I am searching for a e-revo brushless , i found some1 selling one for for 400 canadian dollars so auround 350$usd ... he said he bought it in 2014 for his son and he never played much with it ... but i dont know motors much .. i was hoping to get the water proof one with 2200kv with the esc that can andle 6s lipo ... from what i found on internet , it seems to be it , but the esc is black and all the one i found are blue ...

ill post a picture of it , would be great to tell me what it is exactly and if its a good buy ...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	2177218  
Old 08-16-2016, 05:29 PM
nemoreborn

here is a few more picture he send me this morning ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	$_27.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2177219   Click image for larger version

Name:	$_27 (1).JPG
Views:	67
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	2177220  
Old 08-16-2016, 06:02 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm no expert , but I think the Black ESC is the Mamba Monster .
The Blue ESC is basically a Mamba Monster 2 in a blue case .
I'm not sure when it changed .
Old 08-16-2016, 06:07 PM
seedygreenute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzWpqiTaVnw
Found this for you . Video made 2014 . At the start he says the Blue cased ESC is a newish upgrade / improvement .
Old 08-16-2016, 06:35 PM
nemoreborn

it seems t be the exact same thing , but with black esc ... not sure if its mamba 1 or 2 or what so ever ... dsnt seems waterproof
Old 08-16-2016, 06:47 PM
nemoreborn

found this review ... its the exact same truck. seems to be able to take 6s but not water proof ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSokRNWu7E
Old 08-16-2016, 07:01 PM
seedygreenute

Without a close up of the ESC it is too hard to tell .
If he says he hasn't played with it much , I doubt he has bought a Mamba Monster 2 and installed it . ( if you buy one from Castle it is black )
From what you have said , I would say it is a Mamba Monster 1 , not waterproof . It still does 6S .
Old 08-16-2016, 07:22 PM
nemoreborn

yea , well it seem really clean .. and not expensive much for my first Rc car ... ill buy it i think so .. i dont think he has lipo battery either ...

thanks for your help/advice Seedy !
Old 08-17-2016, 08:10 AM
seedygreenute

The batteries in the photo are lipos , you can see the balance lead ( little white plug )
Photo is not the best but it looks 2S to me . That will give you 4S total ( 2 x 2S in series = 4S )
That will be plenty to start with .
Old 08-17-2016, 10:47 AM
nemoreborn

well i called him about the battery , he saids he dont know ,... well tbh he dsnt know much about this stuff at all , he bought the car for his kid in 2014 .. he said the child played like 10 times with it ... the few first run he said the plastic spur died and he got it repared ... never had any problem since ....

anyway he decided to sell it cheaper to me 350$ CND .. so like 300 usd .. I think its pretty cheap , the truck seems pristine condition ...

it could be possible the lipo have been drained out and ruined . but even with no lipo i think this price is flawless ...
Old 08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
finewayne

Originally Posted by nemoreborn
found this review ... its the exact same truck. seems to be able to take 6s but not water proof ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSokRNWu7E
not water proof makes it suck, nice link anyway

Old 08-22-2016, 02:45 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing electric is waterproof. It can be made water resistant, but unless you go to much more extensive measures than taking the car outta the box, splash-proof is the best you can hope for. The receiver is the most sensitive to moisture. Cheap way to protect the receiver? Dime store balloon. Tied off with a rubber band.

If you are planning on running it in wet conditions (snow), you're going to have to protect the batteries, and their connectors too. You don't want moisture getting into them.

The ESC is another thing. If you're in wet conditions, having a "waterproof" ESC is a must, but additional measures need to be taken to protect it still. Being that it's under the lexan body, with no fenders, it should be fairly well protected from wheel roost, but stuff is still gonna get wet. Look up "water proofing your ESC" on YouTube. You'll get tons of ideas. but don't go overboard. You can only do so much without risking doing something that will cause it to over heat and die that way. Just remember: water and electricity don't mix.