Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Deuce and a 1/2

Old 08-18-2016, 11:59 PM
Merganser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deuce and a 1/2

Is anyone selling an RC model of the military deuce and a half. There have to be at least 5 million vets that have ridden in one or driven one. The US made about 800000 of them during WW2 and probably another 1/2 million improved versions by the 1960s. I don't think there is a county West of the Mississippi that doesn't have a few war surplus deuce & 1/2s converted for wild land fire trucks or for weed control. There has to be a market for one if someone would build one. I do know about "The Beast" but those came at least 30 years after I got out of the service. There is even a guy living about two miles from my house that has his own restored full sized one. Any information or even a lead to a good set of plans would be appreciated. Thanks, JOT
Old 08-19-2016, 05:49 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Can't be too hard to make. A body from a toy on an Exceed 6x6 MadTorque would look good. Along with some different wheels and such.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:57 PM
Mechanicaloverlord

There have been a few of these style of trucks built. I don't k is the names of forums to find them but they're pretty easy to find on YouTube. Just do some searches for "6x6 rc" and you'll get some results. Often there will be videos documenting some of the build process and/or a link to a webpage/forum for the build.

Make me no mistake though, you're going to have to build it yourself as there are no kits. You'll be able to use off the shelf parts for things like the wheels, tires, axles, but the rest is going to be up to you. From what I've seen its not really all that hard to do, just takes a little know how and time.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:03 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Started making one a while back, but I got stuck on the cab.

Its actually quite simple to get the 6wd aspect, but the cab has to be scratch made
But then again I was trying to make it prety much exact, it I would have went with a tad less trying to make it look perfectly scale I probably could have finished it quite fast.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 08-21-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:52 AM
Merganser

I have ordered a Tamiya 1/35 scale deuce and a 1/2 to get a good look at the basic construction of the trucks. It occurs to me that for my purposes the rear set of dual wheels do not need to be powered which would simplify the construction. I am still looking at "The Beast" as a way to get a frame and some running gear even thought the steering and suspension would all have to be changed. I can see that this could become a very long term project. jot
Old 08-23-2016, 08:21 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well in my case I married 3 WK axles(had to modify one to have an input, and output shaft) to a SCX10 Tranny, and frame rails, and used brass tubing to extent it a bit to slap on the rear axle.
But that was just what I had laying around from a past project if I had to do it over I probably would have used a SCX10, or even maybe the new SCX10's(its narrower) axles to keep it simpler.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:39 PM
mercerbeef

Maybe search for an axial bomber Betty body? They were 1/10 I think.