Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Castle sv3 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:09 PM
mra5p7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Castle sv3 Problems

I have a sv3 with a 5700kv motor and a futaba 3prka radio system. Before my futaba i used the traxxas 27mhz system. I have always used 2s lipos. A while back i started having problems, when i stop the truck for as long as about 10 seconds i lose all throttle response. not even a chirp if i turn off the tx. please help me get this problem fixed asap..
Old 09-10-2016, 12:25 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the problem happen when you were using the 27mhz? If not, then it's probably the radio system messing up, try switching back to the 27mhz and see what happens.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:34 PM
mra5p7

I forgot to mention that it also did it with the 27mhz system. I think i figured out that it is just geared too high. I found someone on another forum who had the same problem.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:48 AM
The Saylors

so it was thermal-ing out? Get your self a cheap IR thermometer ($16), its so helpful for keeping track of your electronics health and gear setups. If you over heat it repeatedly it will drastically lower the life span of the motor and esc.