Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Sand/beach proofing a losi ten scbe

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 12:56 AM
buknut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand/beach proofing a losi ten scbe

I recently got a losi ten scbe, currently running between 2s and 3s lipos, only been running it in carparks and hilly grassed areas, but wanting to take it to an awesome nearby beach, and possibly some dunes.
Its quite a damp type beach so theres not so much of the 'fluffy' sand to kick up, but ive been looking to find how to sand/beach proof it and im struggling a bit.
Its completely as it was out of the box, so nothing upgraded yet (until it breaks) but i dont want to wreck its guts straight away.

Any help would be appreciated 🖒
Old 01-06-2017, 08:09 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Going to be hard to do so. The absolute best advice for anyone is to not run their RC in any sand as it will require a lot of cleaning afterwards no matter what you do. The body's pretty well covering the chassis, but thats about all for the pluses. Some other things I'd suggest is shock boots and if you're handy, a gear cover made out of lexan or a similar material. For tires, short course paddle tires from Panther or Proline Sling Shots are your best bet.

Shock boots; http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC8-RC8t-RC8...-/251923602622

Tires; https://www.rcplanet.com/Panther_Sho...FYE8gQodnZwP5A
Old 01-07-2017, 10:12 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nylon stockings to make a chassis cover out of. Will keep sand out of the chassis.

But what you really need to worry about is the SALT. That stuff will corrode anything metal, and is dangerous to Lipo batteries. Be sure to clean everything thoroughly..
Old 01-07-2017, 12:58 PM
buknut

Thanks people!
Think ill stay away from the beach. Doesnt sound worth it really.

Ill look at the shock boots anyway though, its quite wet here so itll be good to keep the crud out of the shocks.

Thanks again
Old 01-08-2017, 02:05 PM
67Stingrayj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set of these to keep dirt out of the dog-bones. keeps the grease in too. Give it a try. Fit was perfect.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	2196020  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:35 PM
EXT2Rob

Who makes those, Stingray? I've been looking for something like that.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:10 PM
67Stingrayj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found them on eBay. Search for "CVD dust boots".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CVD-Dust-Boo...QAAOSwkl5XepmT
Old 04-07-2017, 05:10 AM
KindaSmooth

I also am interested in sand proofing my Ten SCBE also.. I'm the most interested in some kind of a netting that can be put around the inside of the r/c. To stop sand and small gravel from getting inside. Living on a small gravel driveway it has cost me a stock wheel and now a stock 40t gear. Has to be something seen it for the traxxas slash but will it fit the far superior SCBE?

Can someone maybe post a list of item to keep things out the important stuff.. Like what shock covers and such.. A parts list.. So much easier to just go buy what others recommend then to do trial and error.. Ha
Old 04-07-2017, 07:12 AM
EXT2Rob

Shock socks at BadHorsie.com
Chassis cover: women's nylon stockings
Old 04-07-2017, 07:51 AM
KindaSmooth

Right... Can see where the nylons would do the trick.. Nice. Another thing my first battery was a 2S 7.4 5000mah and it was a slender and fit nicely. Ordered 2x 2S 7.4 35c 10,000 which are shorter and wider then the original. What battery adapter package would I need for this to the ten SCBE? 20 mins on the 5000 isn't fun..
Old 04-07-2017, 03:03 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi guys i have seen racers use an air compressor to clean out their 1/8 scale 4wd buggies and truggies from racing on clay and soft dirt , they keep it grease and oil free as not to stick to bearings , gears , cvd s etc. also a new unused paint brush
to get to the difficult areas too also sand tires mounted on reverse and only on rear of buggy it gets a nice rooster tail on sand like racing boats yep it does work , hope i helped ok mugey