RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team Associated RC10T4.3

Old 10-30-2018, 01:57 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

When you see "Kv", "kv", or "kV" on a brushless motor, it's referring to rpm in thousands per volt. A 3300kv motor with a 2S LiPo, at peak voltage (let's say 8.4 volts), would equate to 27,720 rpm. I don't exactly know what "a little quicker" is for you . Something in the 3800kv ~ 4300kv should do. I know you can find a bunch of low budget sensorless 3900kv 3650 motors on eBay for $16 ~ $19. If going with a sensored motor, I'd probably suggest a moderately priced 10.5T motor.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:45 AM
wkumtrider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just looking for an inexpensive sensorless motor that will work with the stock esc. Nothing extreme, just a little more top end. Thanks for the response.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:48 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've had pretty good luck with these types of motors: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3650-3900KV...4ia:rk:13:pf:0

I linked the above motor that is shipped from California wearhouse. I feel as though I should put a disclaimer out there anytime I recommend one of those low budget motors...the bearings are super cheap, and need to be kept up with if running in dusty environments. I now keep a supply of bearings on hand for such motors that cross my path. Usually, after changing out the stock bearings, the motors seem to last much longer between cleanings.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:26 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default T6.1/SC6.1 Turnbuckles

After getting the turnbuckles in the mail, my suspicions of newer AE platforms using longer rod ends were confirmed. Long shank RPM ball cups, and the shorter turnbuckles from a T6.1 fit/work great. Now we're back in business.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:03 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had some Traxxas collars laying around from the time I was wanting to put big bore springs on my SC10. They're collecting dust, and a front set of "BB" springs that were left over from my SC10.2, everything is making their way onto the T4.3's front end.