RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Man, I love my Hyper TT!!!

Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 AM
EXT2Rob

Default Man, I love my Hyper TT!!!

Hi guys. Just had another great race day with my buddy. I also just got about $90 in parts from NitroHouse to refill my parts stock, and they included a flyer, advertising a few cars and a COUPON CODE. You may know how much I love my HoBao Hyper 10TT. It's a great little truggy. I bought mine about four years ago for $180 as a "race roller". (Assembled, minus electronics, and with a unpainted lid) Of course, everything goes up. He's been selling it for $220 for the last couple years now.

Well, if you ever had any urge to pick on up, now's the time. With that coupon code "car10" you can get the Hyper TT for $180. A screamin' deal, IMO. Add a motor system ($70-$120), a HiTec 645Mg servo ($35) and your receiver, and a T-Bone Racing bumper kit, and you have a killer little racer/basher.

I first ran a little 3560M HobbyWing system in it, and it was fun. But I ended up with a spare X-car ESC, and I had a Castle 4-pole 540 sitting around, so I put that in the TT. WOW! A whole new level of fun. And some guys put big 550-can motors in this thing. It can handle it. (Overkill, IMO, but some guys like overkill....)

I also had the opportunity to pick up the TT's cousin, the Hyper SC short course truck. Also fun. The cool thing is, the TT and the SC share most of their parts! Only the chassis and center drive shafts are different. That saves a LOT on parts and maintenance. The SCT has a big ol' Novak Ballistic 550-can motor, and it's a beast. But the TT is still my favorite.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:23 PM
collector1231

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good to see you back, AND good seeing OFNA still pumping out great products! I need to run my Nexx10SC sometime.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:22 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just sent to tower got the 80pct roller for 189 had a 30 off 200coupon nice 171 with other stuff.Sent for a hobby wing 120 amp esc and a 4300 4 pole motor .Looking forward to getting it all together will let you know how it's going.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:11 PM
EXT2Rob

Cool! Yeah let us know. What did you decide for a servo? I'm perfectly happy with a Hitec 645mg $35 servo. IMO, anything much faster would make it twitchy. Don't forget to order a T-Bone Racing bumper set.
🙌
Old 04-04-2017, 08:37 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a new spare hitec 645 in my parts box sounds like a good choice . For the price I could not pass this up.the 10 tt.Was looking for a good bargain onot tower so I jumped on it.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:49 PM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey bud do you know the gear pitch on the 10 tt got the roller came with a pinion runs great with the 4300 kv just bought a 3800 kv with a 5 mm shaft need another pinion? I USE TOO KNOW JUST BY LOOKING AT THEM that was 20 years ago . It socks getting old !!!
Old 04-16-2017, 06:37 AM
EXT2Rob

Yeah, it's a Mod1 with a 3mm hole. Slightly fatter than 32 pitch. I'm running the 12 tooth pinion with my 5700kv Castle motor. With the 3800kv you could probably go to 13t, maybe 14t. Robinson Racing probably has them with the 5mm hole.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:54 AM
bronx boy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks bud just found that its a mod one myself last night sent for a robinson racing 1214 pinion thanks for the quick responce

Search this Thread