Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Assistance needed with my charger.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 05:30 AM
GeoGoGo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assistance needed with my charger.

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could get some help with a question. It takes about 4 hours for my battery to fully charge.That doesn’t seem normal to me but this is my first foray into the RC world.It is quite possible I have no idea what I am taking about.I have a SKYRC iMAX B6AC v2 charger and I will admit right off the bat, I really do not know how to properly use it. I connect the battery, it runs its battery check and I let it run with the default settings.I have a HobbyStar 8000mAh, 7.4V, 2S, 100C hardcase LiPo.I don’t know how to set up the charger properly. I can plug it in and use it but I don’t think I have it set up the right way.Would anyone be able to help me out and give me some ideas how to set it up correctly or Is the almost 4 hour charge time normal?I appreciate hearing any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, or opinions. Thank you all in advance very much for the time.Have a fantastic day!Here are a couple links for your reference.

HobbyStar LiPo

http://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-8000mah-7-4v-2s-100c-hardcase-lipo-battery.html

SKYRC iMAX B6AC v2

http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=217

Respectfully,

George D.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:22 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

When you first plug in the charger, press the far left button (Batt Type) until the display reads "PROGRAM SELECT LiPo BATT" then press the far right button "Enter"
Then press the second button from the right "Inc" until the display reads "LiPo Charge" then press the "Enter" button
Then the "A" value should start blinking... press the "Inc" button until the value maxes out at 5.0A then press the "Enter" button
Then the cell count value will start flashing... press either "Dec" or "Inc" button to get the charger to read "7.4V(2S)" then press "Enter"
Hook up your battery and then press and hold down the "Enter" button until the charger kicks in.

A fully discharged 8Ah battery at 5A should take roughly 8Ah/5A = 1.6h
Old 05-05-2017, 03:46 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Post #5 HERE in thread has some info about LiPo packs that may be of use.

I post this info because of "1C charger rate" that is the norm safety charging standard for when a manufacturer doesn't reveal max charge rates.

Those iMax B6AC are great chargers for battery packs with mid level capacity. Your pack, being a 8000mAh pack, could be charged at 8 amps to get a 1C charge rate (16 amps according to battery's 2C spec). The B6AC's power output will max out at 6 amps, but due to the charger's limited 50 watts, you'll probably see the charger reading somewhere around 5.8A~5.9A even though you have the charger set at 6.0A.

Don't forget to use your balance charger, and balance your cells .