Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 Setup Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 05:15 PM
wkumtrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 Setup Help

Hello,

I've been out of the rc scene for a long time and ran across my 80s Lunchbox when going through stuff at my parents house. I am in the process of getting it back on the road. I installed a Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 esc and a Flysky GTb3 transmitter. I can't get the esc to operate properly. When I have the jumper set to fwd/brake/rev I can't get full throttle in forward, and it doesn't brake. When I remove the jumper, I get fwd/brake/rev, but according to the quicrun manual it is supposed to be just forward and reverse. When I set the jumper for Forward and barke only, I get no forward,no brake, but get reverse. I set all of the transmitter parameters to 0 or 100% according to the quicrun instructions. I am using an old nicad battery pack, not sure if that could be an issue. If anyone is familiar with the quicrun 1060 I would appreciate any feedback and advice,

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2017, 04:14 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Do you have your transmitter throttle channel reversed (REV)?
Old 06-15-2017, 04:47 PM
wkumtrider

I tried both Rev and normal. Didn't help.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:46 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure the GT3B has the ABS turned OFF. Then do the throttle calibration per the manual. You want to use Forward/Brake/Reverse.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:25 AM
wkumtrider

I got it working correctly. I had to swap the motor wires and set the throttle to reverse. Working great now. Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:01 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by wkumtrider
I got it working correctly. I had to swap the motor wires and set the throttle to reverse. Working great now. Thanks for the replies.
Let me get this straight. You, or manufacturer, had the motor wires reversed from the get go I am assuming? I ask that 'cause the blue/yellow ESC wires are matched up with my pre-soldered blue/yellow motor wires.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:22 PM
wkumtrider

I had the motor wires reversed on the motor. My mistake. I didn't have any wires on my motor and I wasn't sure which color was positive/negative. The Quicrun manual did not say which color was which