Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Habao Hyper SSE vs Cat K1 aero

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 04:52 AM
Moose...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Habao Hyper SSE vs Cat K1 aero

I've bought a hyper SSE for outdoor racing on a rough surface track.
I have friends who race cat K1's indoor on smooth surfaces with jumps.
Is it possible to set up a hyper SSE to compete with a Schumacher cat k1 on those surfaces and only need my 1 car for 2 applications? Or do I in fact need 2 different cars for 2 different kinds of track? I thought that the hyper would be better for two applications than the cat as the cat would really struggle on a big rough track.
Any advice is appreciated.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:09 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Is this for racing at a club? If so, can you post a link to the track web page so we can see pics of the track?

Some tracks will allow 1/8 Buggies to run on the 1/10 tracks, though they typically break the classes up because the 1/8 Buggies tend to break the smaller 1/10 buggies when they get tangled up on the track.

If you're just bashing around then I'd just run the 1/8 Buggy as smaller 1/10 buggies aren't as durable regardless... perhaps once your skill level gets to the point where you can run a full battery pack without having to get marshaled, then you might be ready for a 1/10 buggy.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Moose...

There is no website, it's a small private track.
it is quite a narrow track and it's a concrete surface.
My hyper SSE is fine on the outdoor track and does a great job. I guess the question is can the Hyper compete with the Cats on a narrow concrete track or to be part of their group will I have to buy a Cat like they all run.
They are all happy for me to race with them and be the only one with a different car. I guess they feel that I'd be the one at a disadvantage.
Can a Hyper SSE lap as quick as a Cat K1 on indoor concrete?
Old 08-07-2017, 04:29 AM
bill_delong

No, the smaller 1/10 4WD's will out maneuver the larger 1/8 Buggy.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Moose...

Thanks for the feedback
Is it purely the fact that the track is narrow that the 1:10 would have the edge? Would the same surface with a wider track even the balance?
Old 08-07-2017, 09:51 AM
bill_delong

The car with the smallest wheelbase will offer the fastest corner speed... however the 1/8 buggy offers more ground clearance so it can clear larger jumps more easily... if your track doesn't have large jumps, then it would be better to go with the 1/10 buggy.