Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

throttle stopped working, Axial Wraith

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:42 AM
pgrbff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle stopped working, Axial Wraith

The throttle has stopped working on my sons Wraith. Is it possible to test the motor and ESC separately? The ESC, an AE-2 does still flash green and red but I cant get it into programming mode and there are no beeps. Could the stock motor be dead?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:11 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

A "D" cell battery could be used to test the motor. I've already used a 6 cell NiMh pack directly connected to the motor to test them...unmounted from RC of course. I don't recommend it, as motor will try to torque twist itself if you don't have a hold of it.

How old is the motor? Brushes do wear out over time.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:19 PM
pgrbff

The motor isn't very old, my son is 9 and the car doesnt see that much use. I dont know why I didnt think of applying a battery to the motor myself. There does appear to be some output from the ESC but no higher than 1.5V, maybe less.
I was told by Hobbico that it wasn't possible to test the ESC, is that true? There must surely be some documentation somewhere that tells you what the diffent flashing green and red lights mean?
Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-17-2017, 01:58 PM
RustyUs

What you did, test the output of the ESC, is the only thing I can think of to "test" an ESC.

The only other thing I can tell you to try is re-binding the Tx/Rx, and then put Tx's throttle trim into neutral position; any throttle end point adjustment settings to their maximum before trying to re-calibrate ESC's throttle range.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:24 AM
pgrbff

Do you have any idea what the voltage output of the ESC should be? 0V to ?V
Old 08-18-2017, 12:48 PM
RustyUs

The maximum output would be whatever your battery pack's voltage is.