RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Help with Firestorm setup for bashing

Old 08-18-2017, 02:59 PM
lifeofbrian

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help with Firestorm setup for bashing

I've purchased a HPI Firestorm and keeping the thing in a straight line isn't easy. I never race just bash on grass, gravel and dirt. The shocks are 100mm rear and 80mm front with 55wt oil in both. The rear doesn't seem too bad but the front seems a bit springy, the shocks are a little shorter than stock, they are supposed to be 103 and 87. The front doesn't seem to compress under weight, I've put the softest springs I have on but no change. Maybe not enough rebound?
Old 08-20-2017, 03:07 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You definitely need softer springs for your Firestorm's aftermarket shocks. Having the shocks somewhere mid stroke, while RC is fully loaded out with battery, would be optimal. I prefer having my RCs at arms level/"bones level". What shocks are they?

55wt shock oil ...that seems a bit thick for general bashing IMO. Of course, it all depends on the pistons being used, and the performance that you are after. Too many variables without seeing how the truck handles and what terrain it's on, and what shocks/pistons are used.

Search this Thread