Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Bandit heavy duty tires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Heli_hoggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bandit heavy duty tires?

Traxxas Bandit, 25c 11.1v lipo.

Our "playground" is an old shale quarry. We blow though tires almost as fast as we can put them on. The stock tires seem pretty thin. We also tried "Trenchers", lots of traction but still didn't hold up well.
Any suggestions for a possibly thicker, heavy duty rear tire?
Old 09-25-2017, 08:12 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If you are using the M2 compound MERV premounted Trenchers, then I would say you are in a downward spiral in searching for anything that will hold up to the conditions you run in. The M2 compound on Pro-Line's tires are great...in the right conditions of course. It's been a bit over a year now since I put the Badlands on rear of SC10. The leading edge of the knobs have rounded off so I rotated left/right tires to hopefully get another year of use from the tires. My running in "dirt" and only using 2S/3000kv combo have surpassed my expectations of Badlands tread. I only wish Pro-Line would offer the Badland tread design for 1/10 buggies. I expressed my thoughts to Pro-Line numerous times. I assume they think there is no market for big knobby tires on 1/10 scale buggies. Shale could be/is very abrasive? Yes, I would think so.

Tell Pro-Line and other tire manufactures your concerns.