Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Gmade Sawback, Looking for Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Rusty Creek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gmade Sawback, Looking for Advice

I am thinking about buying the original Gmade Sawback, but I am not sure what a good motor and esc would be. I would like the truck to be able to go a little faster than walking speed at full throttle, because I would probably drive more on trails/in the woods than really technical crawling. I am also thinking about getting a Hitec servo, and if I can find it, an HPI TF40 radio and RF40 reciver. If anyone has suggestions for any of these parts, I would really appreciate hearing them.
As far as upgrades go I have heard I should buy the cvd front axles and maybe the hex hardware set. Is there anything else that would be recommended? Does anyone have any experience with anti-wrap bars or a chassis mounted servo on this truck? In the long run, would it be possible to replace the gearbox and plastic gears with one from another truck, like an scx10 or an Ascender?