Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Super Clod Buster drive shaft is to long, what am I missing here folks.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Super Clod Buster drive shaft is to long, what am I missing here folks.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 05:08 PM
guarddog32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Clod Buster drive shaft is to long, what am I missing here folks.

First of all let me say hello and thank you very much to any who will be able to help me resolve my building issue I am having with my Super Clod Buster. After yearssssss I finally stopped drooling over the Clod and broke down and bought it, pretty detailed kit to build for sure. I have come across 2 issues while building it that are driving me crazy. I will list the 2 seperately.

1. On page 7 of the manual, step number 10, it shows to fit 2 parts together that are part of the drive-train. There is only 1 way to connect piece E1 to piece B10 as it has a guide pin attached to it and the corresponding hole so there is only 1 way to attach these 2 pieces together. The issue this is causing comes up later on in the build when it calls for a metal bracket, parts number BP2 and BP3 to be attached to holes in both E1 pieces, but the holes are on the wrong side of the E1 pieces, as can be seen in step number 20 on page 11. Now for my second issue, In making the gearboxs with gears and pinions, etc in them, one side has a long shaft and the other side has what they are calling a short sfaft. These part numbers are BS4 and BS5 as shown on page 7 step 9. Once installed in the gear boxes and you go to mount the tire holders on them, the BS5 shaft on each unit stiicks out to far and you can't install the wheels on them and bolt them down appropriately. Any ideas on these 2 issues people? Helpppppp