Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Losi XXX SCT 2wd Brushless vs ProSC 4wd Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Ineedhelpalways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Losi XXX SCT 2wd Brushless vs ProSC 4wd Brushless

What the title says, the ProSC is more used and is dirty but an easy fix with the reedy motor and a 3s lipo or the Losi xxx sct. The losi is less used and comes with a non stock brushless motor setup. he Team associated ProSC is $220 and the Losi XXX sct is $130.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:29 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

4WD trumps 2WD for performance, parts should be around for a while for both cars, Losi might be a pinch more durable but overall I would go with the 4WD if it were me
Old 11-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Ineedhelpalways

Which would be faster. I don't go racing and just want to bash.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 PM
bill_delong

4WD will corner faster and accelerate faster and generally be easier to drive
2WD will tend to spin out of control and present a more challenging driving experience unless you only drive on a high traction surface

Top speed is only a factor of motor installed and voltage supplied, both can yield comparable top speeds.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Ineedhelpalways

Just something to add in that is much different than these cars, how about the savage xs flux. I found one for 150 but don't know how it's scale compares to other trucks because I can't find it's scale explicitly stated.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:30 PM
bill_delong

HPI has been having financial problems over the past few years, they went bankrupt and were sold off to a new company who discontinued a bunch of their cars, not sure of the Savage was spared from the chopping block, but regardless, parts for HPI have been difficult to find in general, if you can find a used Tekno, then that would be my top pick of any brand out there, good luck!
Old 11-10-2017, 04:02 AM
FlapJackFred

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ineedhelpalways
Just something to add in that is much different than these cars, how about the savage xs flux. I found one for 150 but don't know how it's scale compares to other trucks because I can't find it's scale explicitly stated.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-...-xs-specs.html