RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Stock Duratrax ext 2 envader gearing

Old 11-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Wolfsbane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Stock Duratrax ext 2 envader gearing

Hi. I just bought two used envader ext2ís for $100 and want to make them faster for cheap. Main use will be grass field and some street oval. Was looking at gearing and found this set up. It runs a 27 tooth pinion and a 88 tooth spur with the stock photon 20t. That put it at a 3.26:1 into a 2.66 trans. Overall reduction is 8.70:1 with a rollout of 1.01:1. Is this doable or way wrong. Iím still new to this and plan out getting motor, esc, ext... later. Thatís in advance.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:20 PM
DieHarder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

With the stock 20 turn photon, I would recommend more like a 23T pinion paired to the 88T spur. Perhaps even consider a 21T if you plan to run on a lot of grass. Grass kills brushed motors, I speak from experience.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:30 AM
EXT2Rob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Stock, it's a 21 tooth pinion. If memory serves. Dieharder is right. Grass is hard on the stock motor. Get an infrared thermometer to monitor your motor temps. Gear to keep temps under 170f. You also might want to get another Evader as a roller (no electronics) as a parts car. The Evader was discontinued last year, so new parts are hard to come by.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:25 PM
Wolfsbane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXT2Rob View Post
Stock, it's a 21 tooth pinion. If memory serves. Dieharder is right. Grass is hard on the stock motor. Get an infrared thermometer to monitor your motor temps. Gear to keep temps under 170f. You also might want to get another Evader as a roller (no electronics) as a parts car. The Evader was discontinued last year, so new parts are hard to come by.
Well I bought two cars for $100 both with electronics only one transmitter so I have a parts car and I find a lot of parts on Amazon for the car Iím actually went back to the stock gear because it was making a screeching sound at high-speedís most likely the slipper clutch disengaging

Search this Thread