Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Multiple receivers - One transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 11:48 AM
bangemout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple receivers - One transmitter

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can suggest a transmitter that can handle multiple receivers.
Budget minded!
Old 12-25-2017, 12:26 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

RadioLink RC3S can be had at the $40 range. Extra receivers for it are like $14. I used to recommend FlySky FS-GT3C radios, but when one I had one newer GT3C fail within a very short about of time, I went to RadioLink. The feel between the two is quite different. I'd give the overall quality ranking to the RC3S. If having a gyro is a must for you, then RadioLink has you covered as well with the RC4G and RC4GS.

Next step up in quality would be to go with Futaba 3PV, or Sanwa MX-V

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-25-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:29 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a lot of inexpensive transmitters out there and most of them are cheaply made with zero support from the manufacturer or distributor . When they break you throw them away.

Here are a few from Horizon. May be a bit higher priced but if/when you have problems you will get support.
This Spektrum transmitter holds 20 models
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...-sr415-spm5100

This Traxxas transmitter needs a smartphone to connect to and you can store multiple models in your phone:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/cars-an...hannel-tra6528
Old 12-25-2017, 03:31 PM
bangemout

Hi RustyUS, I actually already purchased the Radiolink RC3S by way of your suggestion from my other post. I didn't know it could pair multiple receivers! You mentioned receivers for $14... Can you provide a link please? Curious though, why is there no documentation for this feature? It's seems it would be a huge selling point wouldn't you think?

Hi Flyinwalenda, Good point about the receivers regarding quality vs. disposable. I'm hoping RustyUS will give me a link to something that's middle ground. As far as Traxxas is concerned, I will never buy another product from them again.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:18 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

+1 for Radiolink, great system for the price... you can get Rx's here for around $10 shipped:
https://www.banggood.com/Radiolink-F...p-1174392.html

The manual explains all the features available, I would encourage you to read it from cover to cover:
https://hobbyking.com/media/file/894...X723523X18.pdf

More info on the system here:
Attached Thumbnails 894042227X723523X18.pdf  
Old 12-25-2017, 07:36 PM
bangemout

Hi Bill, Awesome info!!!! Thanks for the PDF, it's a little different than the one I downloaded, so as suggested, I will read it cover to cover! Unfortunately, Banggood currently has no stock on this item, so I'll venture elsewhere to purchase it. I'll pay a little more, but I'll have it in a timely manner. I hate shopping from China!!! URGH! I should have it by next week, so I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for all your help! Really appreciate it!
Old 12-27-2017, 04:10 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bangemout
Hi RustyUS, I actually already purchased the Radiolink RC3S by way of your suggestion from my other post. I didn't know it could pair multiple receivers! You mentioned receivers for $14... Can you provide a link please? Curious though, why is there no documentation for this feature? It's seems it would be a huge selling point wouldn't you think?

Hi Flyinwalenda, Good point about the receivers regarding quality vs. disposable. I'm hoping RustyUS will give me a link to something that's middle ground. As far as Traxxas is concerned, I will never buy another product from them again.
You could bind as many receivers, to the RC3S, as you want. 5, 10, or 1000. But you can only set/save 10 different RC model memories in the transmitter.

The Bangood price is great. If needing a receiver quicker, it will cost $15.99. I get them from RCJuice on eBay. I say eBay because if you go to RCJuice website, they will charge you $18.98 for the same item...weird.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:03 AM
bangemout

Hi RustyUS, Thanks once again for your amazing info and guidence!!! Your batting 1000!!!! Yes, I already purchased this item from RCJuice through Amazon (same price).

FYI: here's a message I just received from RadioLink:

Dear Sir:RC3S can work with:R4EH-H, R4EH-G, R4FG & R4F
Best Regards
Sunny

Last edited by bangemout; 12-27-2017 at 06:07 AM.