Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need Some Assistance

Old 02-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Alb1noB1gfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Some Assistance

Evening everyone,

First off thanks for looking at my problem. I have an Associated Factory Team SC10 I built a couple years ago. I am having an issue is I think the slipper clutch but I am not sure. The issue is, when the truck is in the air and apply power for acceleration it picks up and the tires spin and everything seems fine. But soon as I put the truck on the ground and apply power, the spur gear spins up but there is barely if any movement in the tires. Also as a side note, I can spin the tires from the shaft where the spur gear connects with my fingers. I have replaced both slipper plates and slipper pads. Yet the problems still persists. Not sure what the next troubleshooting step is save from ripping apart the gear box which is something I am trying to avoid. I am not sure what the next step would be. Have any of you had issues like this, or similar that can shed some light on the issue?

Thanks!!!!
Old 02-12-2018, 06:16 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Are you hearing a high pitched whine?

It's possibly a slipper issue. Without seeing/hearing what the issue is, I can only suggest start working your way in from the outside...start with taking wheels off and checking hexes/drive pins.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:40 PM
RustyUs

Are you hearing any "weird" noises?

After things check out okay with the axle's drive pins, check the diff's thrust bolt/spring for proper tension. I don't know that I ever had a ball diff completely loosen up on me. It is possible. Right?
Old 02-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Alb1noB1gfoot

I am not hearing any weird noises. There is no high pitch or anything really. If I have the slipper off I can turn the wheels and everything moves smoothly. Could the spring holding the slipper in place become weak?
Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Alb1noB1gfoot

I posted a video on my youtube channel. I can't post URL, but I only have two videos on my channel so it will be easy. My youtube channel is Jcombast. I labeled it troubleshooting my SC10.

thanks
Old 02-13-2018, 06:02 AM
RustyUs

Not seeing your YouTube channel or the video labeled troulbeshooting my SC10 .

I have the same original spring on my B4's slipper since 2004. I doubt your spring would weaken so much and not be able to apply needed pressure on the slipper pads. But, to rule out the possibility, just crank down the slipper's lock nut all the way until the spring bottoms out.

Last edited by RustyUs; 02-13-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: wording
Old 02-13-2018, 05:18 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

" trouble shooting sc10 " worked for me .
The spring has a fair bit of space between each coil ( I dont have have one of these and I dont know the settings ) so it could be loose .
Tightening all the way wont hurt anything if you are just testing like in the vid.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:48 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by seedygreenute
" trouble shooting sc10 " worked for me .
The spring has a fair bit of space between each coil ( I dont have have one of these and I dont know the settings ) so it could be loose .
Tightening all the way wont hurt anything if you are just testing like in the vid.
Now I'm,even more curious to see the video. Post it up dude .

Nevermind

Last edited by RustyUs; 02-14-2018 at 12:52 PM.