Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Can you bash a team associated b64D?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 09:14 PM
Play4Fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decent Priced Basher Kit ? (---------

So now I'm looking for a good basher. 1/10 scale preferably but no smaller. Brushless. 2 or 4 wd. If its a kit I don't care if its a truggy buggy MT SCT just has to be durable. On a rtr, I would prefer an SCT or a Truggy/Buggy. Price range for rtr 300-450 MAX I would prefer to stay closer to 400 tho. If its a kit around 350 is my max. Not including motor and such. My ecx ruckus 2WD spins out whever ever I drive it on loose dirt so I would probably want something a little for controllable.

Ps: I havnt been able to find a recent thread regarding good basher kits in my price range. If you know any plz link them! (:

Last edited by Play4Fun; 03-20-2018 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Changed question
Old 03-20-2018, 07:36 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I can bash anything with a bat.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:28 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

rgburril is indeed correct! However, that B6 isn't the best mix of basher and racer. A 4WD SCT or 2WD SCT would be a much better option as a basher/racer combo, it all depends on which is most popular at your track.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:50 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

1/10 Buggies just aren't known to be durable and will tend to be more trouble than it's worth for bashing on anything but a street or baseball field... if you want to drive on grass or rocky terrain then you'll want something with more ground clearance and durability.

I would consider a used Tekno SCT410 or Losi TEN-SCTE... I've seen original release rollers go for as low as $100, then install new electronics and you'll be way ahead of the game. Things can get a little pricey if you need to replace any parts on the used cars... hopefully you can find one from a racer who's taken good care of it.

If you buy a Tekno, they offer a 50% Lifetime Warranty for any broken/worn parts mailed into them with no questions asked

If you want a RTR, then you might need to go up a little on your budget, maybe this guy here might be willing to go a little lower on his price, but he's including tons of value as it is:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...ace-truck.html
Old 03-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Play4Fun

Originally Posted by bill_delong
1/10 Buggies just aren't known to be durable and will tend to be more trouble than it's worth for bashing on anything but a street or baseball field... if you want to drive on grass or rocky terrain then you'll want something with more ground clearance and durability.

I would consider a used Tekno SCT410 or Losi TEN-SCTE... I've seen original release rollers go for as low as $100, then install new electronics and you'll be way ahead of the game. Things can get a little pricey if you need to replace any parts on the used cars... hopefully you can find one from a racer who's taken good care of it.

If you buy a Tekno, they offer a 50% Lifetime Warranty for any broken/worn parts mailed into them with no questions asked

If you want a RTR, then you might need to go up a little on your budget, maybe this guy here might be willing to go a little lower on his price, but he's including tons of value as it is:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...ace-truck.html

Hows this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-SCT41...8AAOSwwlZarve0
Old 03-21-2018, 07:26 AM
bill_delong

Originally Posted by Play4Fun
WOW, that's too good to be true... he says the car has never been ran but it's listed as USED, my only concerns would be making sure the out drives and shafts are in good condition and there are no missing parts, other than that, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells in the $250 range. Nice find!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Play4Fun

Sweet I’ll probaly bid on it! Parts still supported ?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:06 PM
bill_delong

Sweet I’ll probaly bid on it! Parts still supported ?
Yes, I'm still racing an original release SCT410.1 that is approaching 5 years old now and still has 90% of the original kit parts on it! They have discontinued some of the legacy parts here and there, but they made everything forward compatible so you can upgrade to current release parts in most cases for stuff that was discontinued. My truck is still very competitive as well, it keeps up with all the modern releases at the tracks in my area too
Old 03-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Play4Fun

Yes, I'm still racing an original release SCT410.1 that is approaching 5 years old now and still has 90% of the original kit parts on it! They have discontinued some of the legacy parts here and there, but they made everything forward compatible so you can upgrade to current release parts in most cases for stuff that was discontinued. My truck is still very competitive as well, it keeps up with all the modern releases at the tracks in my area too
Nice! Im currently fighting another person for top bid. Its at 210. How high shouldI go? Also ive been looking at some motors to put in, WHat you think about his https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...010201/p607216 and https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-s...1258tg/p183316
Old 03-22-2018, 09:23 PM
Play4Fun

I also found this now I can’t decide https://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Losi-4....c100009.m1982
Old 03-23-2018, 05:02 AM
bill_delong

Between Losi and Tekno, performance and durability is a wash, Tekno has a slight edge because their parts last longer and don't tend to wear nearly as fast as Losi parts, plus Tekno offers a 50% lifetime warranty making them less expensive in the long haul.

Generally, eBay isn't the best place to find good deals, which is why I cautioned earlier that the original price was too good to be true.

The original price for the SCT410.1 kit for someone who's a team driver or gets a military discount is $325... since it's an older release I would probably take 25% off that and say $250 is about what it's worth, also the price I mentioned earlier... assuming everything is brand new, but the ad is marked as used, did you contact the seller to ask about the condition of the out drives?

That Losi could be a good buy too, but it's definitely used, I wouldn't spend more than $150 before shipping on an original release Losi or Tekno unless it was in mint condition without any wear on the drive line, then maybe up to $200 and $250 if it was brand spanking new or included tons of valuable parts like wheels/bodies etc.

HobbyWing makes good stuff, that MAX10 4000kV combo is a good choice.

That Savox 1258 is a good servo too, I've been using that in my Tekno for the past 5 years without any problem, however I have stopped supporting Savox because they don't offer any support outside the warranty period. A good budget servo brand is JX, next step up would be SRT, then HiTec to get the best customer service outside of warranty. Solid aluminum case brushless servos are the new standard.

Last edited by bill_delong; 03-23-2018 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:17 AM
Play4Fun

Between Losi and Tekno, performance and durability is a wash, Tekno has a slight edge because their parts last longer and don't tend to wear nearly as fast as Losi parts, plus Tekno offers a 50% lifetime warranty making them less expensive in the long haul.

Generally, eBay isn't the best place to find good deals, which is why I cautioned earlier that the original price was too good to be true.

The original price for the SCT410.1 kit for someone who's a team driver or gets a military discount is $325... since it's an older release I would probably take 25% off that and say $250 is about what it's worth, also the price I mentioned earlier... assuming everything is brand new, but the ad is marked as used, did you contact the seller to ask about the condition of the out drives?

That Losi could be a good buy too, but it's definitely used, I wouldn't spend more than $150 before shipping on an original release Losi or Tekno unless it was in mint condition without any wear on the drive line, then maybe up to $200 and $250 if it was brand spanking new or included tons of valuable parts like wheels/bodies etc.

HobbyWing makes good stuff, that MAX10 4000kV combo is a good choice.

That Savox 1258 is a good servo too, I've been using that in my Tekno for the past 5 years without any problem, however I have stopped supporting Savox because they don't offer any support outside the warranty period. A good budget servo brand is JX, next step up would be SRT, then HiTec to get the best customer service outside of warranty. Solid aluminum case brushless servos are the new standard.
WOW thank you. Yes i did contact him he said everything is 100% new and two of the packages of parts haven’t been opened. Does the new sct410.3 also have a military discount? Because my farther was in the military for awhile.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:30 AM
bill_delong

Here's the instructions for your father to get the military discount:
https://www.teknorc.com/military-discount/

He will get 50% off kits and 25% off parts... everyone gets 50% off broken parts mailed in.

I take advantage of the military discount which has been a significant factor in why I favor Tekno more than most other brands
Old 03-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Play4Fun

Here's the instructions for your father to get the military discount:
https://www.teknorc.com/military-discount/

He will get 50% off kits and 25% off parts... everyone gets 50% off broken parts mailed in.

I take advantage of the military discount which has been a significant factor in why I favor Tekno more than most other brands
50% holy. 200$ for the new sct10.3 l. or is it off the MSRP price on their website?

Last edited by Play4Fun; 03-23-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:22 PM
bill_delong

50% holy. 200$ for the new sct10.3 l. or is it off the MSRP price on their website?
No, the is military discount is off the MAP price so that comes out to $325 which I already posted earlier.