Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Decent basher rc kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Play4Fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decent basher rc kit ?

So now I'm looking for a good basher. 1/10 scale preferably but no smaller. Brushless. 2 or 4 wd. If its a kit I don't care if its a truggy buggy MT SCT just has to be durable. On a rtr, I would prefer an SCT or a Truggy/Buggy. Price range for rtr 300-450 MAX I would prefer to stay closer to 400 tho. If its a kit around 350 is my max. Not including motor and such. My ecx ruckus 2WD spins out whever ever I drive it on loose dirt so I would probably want something a little for controllable.

Ps: I havnt been able to find a recent thread regarding good basher kits in my price range. If you know any plz link them! (:
Old 03-21-2018, 02:42 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

"Bashing" is such a vague term. Anytime a person goes outside/inside to run their RC, and they are not at a sanctioned race track, they are "bashing".

Since you dislike the driveline on the ECX, I'd make sure you would find a platform that has a diff(s) that is/are sealed, so that you can tune it/them to your liking.

I think you are on the right path with thoughts of a short course truck though.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't think you will find any kit in the $350 price range that will meet your expectations. If money was no object then I'd recommend the Losi TEN-SCTE or the Tekno SCT410.3 which are the current industry leaders in terms of durability, performance and support combined.

There are a handful of other 1/8 based designs, but none really designed for durability as a top attribute in the market. So for your price range, you'll have to make some sacrifices and come up with a "happy medium".

I would either buy a used Losi or Tekno and install new electronics, body, wheels which could realistically hit your budget... or drop down a level in quality.

Some brands to consider are HoBao, Team Energy and RedCat which all fit your price range and are somewhat based on 1/8 designs, but not truly as durable as 1/8 platforms.

I have owned the Hyper10SC and here's a couple clips to give you an idea of what the car is capable of:

80% kit available here: https://www.ebay.com/i/191928286265

Parts available in the US here: RC Parts, Hyper 10 SC, Hyper 10 SC Electric | HoBao Enterprising

I have never seen the Team Energy, but appears to be comparable, just throwing this out there as an option to consider, I don't think they are as reputable as HoBao:
https://www.nitrorcx.com/97c779-v8sc...r-24g-red.html

Only concern with the Team Energy is that it's larger than normal and can be difficult to find bodies for it.

RedCat recently released the SC10E which is basically a reverse engineered HongNor Jammin SCRT... HongNor retired a couple years ago and all their cars were discontinued, RedCat is the first to bring back a HongNor design... not clear if the quality is the same as HongNor but I have been hearing nothing but good things about this car and definitely worth considering as well:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/redcat-...0e-red/p727120

Best of luck in your decision!