Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E Firestorm Flux Receiver and Servo Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 12:10 PM
TKOIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy E Firestorm Flux Receiver and Servo Problems

My E Firestorm 10T Flux is having a variety of weird problems lately. The first and worst is that the range has been very weak lately, only around 1/2 or 2/3 what it used to be, and towards the end of the range it cuts out sometimes but then cuts back in. The second problem is the steering doesn't return fully to center after turning, and the wheels stay turned a small amount left or right after a turn in that direction. It also veers to one direction sometimes. Third, the mounting points for the front suspension arms have a lot of flex in them where the arm meets the chassis, is that a bad thing? Finally, fourth, one of the pieces that connects the body shell to the chassis snapped off and the part that's left seems to be stuck in there. My first priority is the range problem but if you guys could help me on any of the issues it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:43 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

First, make sure batteries are fully charged, or have new batteries to put in transmitter. Any receiver wire damage? Was water introduced to the receiver?

Servo saver is tight? That's where I'd start looking first. After making sure servo saver thumb screw it tight, then I'd move on to disconnecting the steering linkage from the servo so you can find any binding in the steering that might have formed.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:07 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are all the electronics original stock? And how long have you owned the vehicle?
If range has been fine then suddenly become an issue, I'd suspect receiver antenna damage, or as Rusty said, maybe it got some water in it and partially damaged it. Or the antenna in the transmitter has an issue, but that's fairly unlikely. Receivers are the most susceptible component to dirt and moisture. The only way to nail that down is to try a new receiver.

Indeed, disconnect the servo arm and check the steering rack for any binding, and check the tightness of the servo saver. If it's loose, it will cause loosey goosey steering. If there's no binding, check the wheel alignment. Are the linkages all set properly? Any toe in or toe out? Camber? Toe in will give you more steering stability, toe out will make the steering more aggressive but possibly loose some straight line stability. The flexibility of the suspension arm and mount is what protects the car from damage.

If none of those are the problem, the the servo becomes suspect. If it's a stocker, it's probably got plastic gears and you may have a couple stripped teeth. If that's the case you should hear the servo making a n odd noise when it skips over the stripped teeth. You might be able to feel for it by holding the servo arm with your fingers while you use the transmitter to work the servo. If you can feel it skipping teeth, time for a new one. Get a Hitec with all metal gears and you won't have to worry about it again.