RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

My arrma raider mega xl upgrade

Old 07-24-2018, 11:18 AM
PeeBeMe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default My arrma raider mega xl upgrade

Hey Rc world. I upgraded my buggy to brushless and this is what I have so far....

2new rear street tires / 2slash tires on the front.
I took my whole system out of my [ pro sc sct ] and added to my buggy. 3500kv reedy motor, with esc as well. I have a 3s 6000mah Lipo also...

I took 2 shocks from my pro sc truck and added them on to the back of my buggy. The front 2 shocks came from my broken redcat blackout truck... I hate arrma screws and their shock caps very much. They strip or either pop off alot for me.

This buggy went from 25-30 mph TO around 60 - 70mph now. Oh yeah, I changed out the pinion and spur gears too. I was gonna try out 20t / 54t but esc mighy get to hot fast. For now I'll stick with 18/54. That will give me around 64mph [ well that's what it says on my Rc speed app....

What oil weight should I go with on hard pavement runs / some times hard gravel?

Big bore shocks from my [pro sc 4x4 sct]

Front shocks from redcat blackout truck

Last edited by PeeBeMe; 07-24-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:30 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey!
Man, that's a big street buggy. Cool. What wt shock fluid do you have in there now? And how does the rig perform? Does it seem bouncy? Does it bottom out?Does it slide when you think it should grip? Have you played with shock mounting positions yet? How about wheel camber?

I'm going to guess you've got 30wt in there.

Does the buggy have anti-sway or "roll bars"? I don't see any. Is it an option?

I would think going from dirt to road running, you could stay with the 30wt, if that's what you're running (maybe put in fresh) or go a little heavier, 35wt, if you think you need a little stiffer damping... You could probably reduced your ride height too.. But dang dude! 60 mph is screaming for a rig like that. Nice! Shiny side up!

Last edited by EXT2Rob; 08-09-2018 at 02:38 PM.