Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mamba Monster X - 3 red beeps, won't arm.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 AM
GotNoRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mamba Monster X - 3 red beeps, won't arm.

I just put a Mamba Monster X + Castle 2200kv 1515 in my Slash 4x4 MT. Unfortunately all it does after it detects the battery is give me 3 red flashes/beeps (two short, one long), repeating every few seconds. No throttle or steering whatsoever.

Example:

The troubleshooting I've been able to perform leads me to believe it might not be getting a signal from the RX. That is because if I actually unplug the ESC from the RX, it gives me the exact same 3 red beeps/flashes. Is that actually what that error code indicates or is it something deeper? The cable from the ESC to the RX doesn't seem to have any breaks in it. I could order a new cable anyway but don't like pouring money into something blindly like that. I bought this ESC used unfortunately so anything is possible... I'm wondering if anyone might have experience with this.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:06 PM
GotNoRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems it was the wire from the ESC to the RX after all. It looked fine but I tested it using a meter and it was bad. Upon closer inspection, seems that it can flex a lot near the esc and the metal wires broke inside the rubber. It looked okay from the outside but was no longer passing any voltage. At least a new cable is a cheap fix!