Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mod Motor Questions

Old 09-27-2003, 01:47 PM
ChrisE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod Motor Questions

Hey.
Last night I bought and installed a Orion Core Modified 12x2 for my Losi XXX-4. Previously I was using a P2k Pro, and I just needed more power and figured that it was time to make the move to modified. So anyway I have some questions involving Mod maintenance.

How much maintenence is required? How often do I need to cut the comm? When the comm is cut is that when I install new brushes? It says it has 10-30 run brushes but I dont know what that means though.

Im running this motor with my Novak GT-7 with the default throttle program which is smooth mod. Would I gain anything by moving the program to agressive mod?

Thank you.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Jarc-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Mod Motor Questions

Is this Mod for racing or bashing?
Old 09-29-2003, 07:58 PM
rccartips

Default RE: Mod Motor Questions

Hi ChrisE,

How much maintenance depends on your budget. For club racing, cut the commutator and replace brushes after 3 - 5 runs. For playing, follow the specs of the brush (e.g. 10 - 30 runs). It is a good idea to cut the comm and replace the brush at the same time.

Good luck.