Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need ESC/motor for Losi 22 3.0 SR

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 10:27 PM
Subw00er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ESC/motor for Losi 22 3.0 SR

Can someone recommend an awesome esc/motor setup for my newly built losi 22 3.0 Spec Racer kit? My budget is around $200.. I want to do some club races and get the best for future needs (whatever that may be.. 1/10th scale racing, Losi SCT, crawling, 1/8?!). I definitely want brushless/sensored. I have a new 2s venom 4500mah 100c shorty pack to use with it, but I could see trying 3s later for bashing. I'm leaning towards the mamba x because it seems really flexible but I have no clue which motor to get (or motor/mamba kit). The tekin stuff looks cool too. I'm not an orion fan really..not sure why, they're website sucks .lol. Castle sidewinder/ 4600KV seems popular, but I can do more with my budget right??! Is it worth spending more?! I want this new buggy to seriously rip.

I really have no idea which KV motor to choose.. I'm using the stock 69 spur for now, and have a few pinions to choose from. Thanks for any info. I wanna buy something today if possible.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:12 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

If you bought the Spec Racer kit, then it comes with lightened drive line parts and is designed to handle a 17.5T spec motor, anything more powerful than that and you will risk tearing up your drive line parts. The fastest spec motor you can get is this one here:
Trinity - Punisher 17.5 Turn Spec Class Sensored Brushless Motor - PUN1002 - Active Powersports

Be sure to check your local club rules because this motor is not ROAR legal, the club in my area allows the Punisher because it helps keep costs down and is the fastest spec motor that you can today.

For a quality ESC, I would get this:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...iant=278546214

Best of Luck!
Old 10-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Subw00er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome, thanks Bill