RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Odd Clicking

Old 03-26-2019, 06:18 AM
Valdeck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Odd Clicking

Hey all,

Apologies if this has already been posted or answered but I only saw references to this about drive train or physical gear issues.

I had to replace the spur gear on my HPI Jumpshot and want to make sure my clipper is set correctly. The old manual says 5 MM and the manual for the V2 says 4MM. However, starting before 4MM I noticed that rather than the slipper clutch engaging smoothly for a bit as it supposed to when I hold the spur gear and spin the tires it fights really hard and then has a loud audible click or crack sound. As far as I can tell nothing is actually cracked or chipped n the gear or pinion (spur is plastic). Does this mean it's bound to tight and I need to back it out where it spins freely? or is that just a symptom of how it works and if it does not crack it would be too loose and always spin. I know slippers are everywhere but oddly enough I do not remember much of them from the Revo/CNC nitro days and my last two electric cars had no slipper. So I want to make sure I am setting it right so I don't melt the slipper and/or warp the plastic spur.