Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

HSP 1/10 brushless motor bearing failure - what bearing to replace it with?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HSP 1/10 brushless motor bearing failure - what bearing to replace it with?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Purplebeard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSP 1/10 brushless motor bearing failure - what bearing to replace it with?

I have a stock 1/10 HSP buggy with brushless motor (part number 03302 or 107051, RS 540 size, 3300 KV).
Usually use a 7.4v Battery, the other day used an 11.1v battery. It was a lot faster, but the main motor bearing failed.
I don't want to replace it with a typical wheel bearing in case it happens again, where can I get a better bearing?
I was under the impression that the car is made for 2 or 3 cell lipo battery so I hope this is just a random failure, but would still prefer to use a quality bearing to prevent the need to do this again.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:28 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Sometimes the two bearings are different sizes, and not every manufacturer uses the same size bearings. Open up the motor and measure the bearings.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:49 PM
RustyUs

A lot of my motors use the 625Z, or 625ZZ 5x16x5mm bearings.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:45 PM
Purplebeard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I have measured the remnants of the bearing, its 5x13x4 (IDxODxL).
How do find out those codes like 625ZZ ?
Going purely by size there are many options on ebay, but I'm unsure how to know it's good enough for the job, would prefer to buy a bearing intended for such motors to be sure, or maybe buy one on ebay with a known bearing brand from Australia.
Still concerned whether the old bearings died from high speed so want a bearing that can definately handle the 11.1v batteries motor speed.
Any advice here?
Old 04-11-2019, 02:37 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Plaig bearings will have what you want .
Can buy on ebay or direct . Based in Melbourne .
Old 04-11-2019, 04:46 PM
RustyUs

For motor bearings, I'd use dual metal shielded (ZZ) bearings for less resistance. Bearings that see a lot of dirt...I'd use rubber sealed (RS).

At least in my experiences, I've found that stock bearings that come in the lower budget motors don't last long at all. .After replacing bearings (with what I would consider better quality ones), the durability of the motor is much greater. You still gotta do maintenance on your motors. I run my RCs in dusty conditions, so I make it a habit to clean and re-lube my bearings every 15 runs. YMMV.