RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New eRevo 2.0 stripped spur gear in five minutes....

Old 04-28-2019, 01:41 PM
Jimbo45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New eRevo 2.0 stripped spur gear in five minutes....

Just picked up a new eRevo 2.0 last night and just tried it out on 4s. A couple minutes in, I flipped it in the grass, and tried the self righting method. The spur gear instantly stripped after about the third forward to brake cycle. Not cool. Guessing 6s would have stripped it out even faster.
Is this a common problem???? Not thrilled so far with the eRevo I have to say. I have many other Traxxas products and always considered them pretty durable, until this experience. I quickly looked into replacing the plastic spur with a steel one, but some seem to suggest to keep with plastic, since its cheap to replace, and you won't bust something more expensive or harder to fix, further down the drive line. Makes sense.
I guess I'll order a few stock ones, and try to set the mesh a little tighter than it was set from the factory, and see how it goes.
My boy was super excited about this car, and literally 5 minutes, we had a part failure, no fault of the driver. Now wait for parts, since we don't have any shops locally. Ugh.