Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

newb with some ????s

Old 05-10-2019, 05:57 AM
RabidDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default newb with some ????s

So I recently got a TA PROsc10...first Rc ever,and getting into Clay outdoor racing.
And im looking at a lot of aftermarket aluminum parts,so I have a few questions..
Shocks...r shock shocks? like can i buy traxxas shocks,i know I can get like HPI,and Hot racing,but what Im really looking at are..
INTEGY parts,the piggyback shocks,,and Ive seen other shocks on Ebay,12mm big bores...
So any one bought INTEGY parts,or any lower cost aluminum big bore shocks,cause well I know u get what u pay 4,,but im not really looking to put $100+ on shocks..
Ty 4 looking...
Old 05-11-2019, 03:26 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Realistically, I'd focus on getting the "hot ticket" tires that everyone is using at your track, and tune the stock shocks to your desired damping. Nothing wrong with the stock shocks other than they don't have the bleeder caps. Going to the Integy shocks would be a step in the wrong direction IMO. While learning the track, I'd probably save up for a sensored motor, and ESC before I would get any aluminum parts. On a medium grip outdoor track, I would looking into getting the ball diff for the ProSC10. I like the feel of ball diffs for looser tracks, but a gear diff filled with the right fluid will suffice. I think, with the right tires, sensored motor, and ball diff, you will have a better handling SC than what the stock setup offers.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:19 AM
RabidDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
Realistically, I'd focus on getting the "hot ticket" tires that everyone is using at your track, and tune the stock shocks to your desired damping. Nothing wrong with the stock shocks other than they don't have the bleeder caps. Going to the Integy shocks would be a step in the wrong direction IMO. While learning the track, I'd probably save up for a sensored motor, and ESC before I would get any aluminum parts. On a medium grip outdoor track, I would looking into getting the ball diff for the ProSC10. I like the feel of ball diffs for looser tracks, but a gear diff filled with the right fluid will suffice. I think, with the right tires, sensored motor, and ball diff, you will have a better handling SC than what the stock setup offers.
well i got 95% of that...I got the track almost down..good tires with a good balance,,,reedy system is sensored,,, ball diff,that I will look into..
just looking into aluminum because well they be cheap,well cheaper than HPI ,,,HR ect...and it seems none has stock shocks on anything,but none have integy..and flipping bleeder caps are like 14 to 18 for 2...
I got low consistent times...avg 4.5 seconds slower than the track record..
Old 05-11-2019, 05:49 PM
RabidDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by RabidDog View Post
well i got 95% of that...I got the track almost down..good tires with a good balance,,,reedy system is sensored,,, ball diff,that I will look into..
just looking into aluminum because well they be cheap,well cheaper than HPI ,,,HR ect...and it seems none has stock shocks on anything,but none have integy..and flipping bleeder caps are like 14 to 18 for 2...
I got low consistent times...avg 4.5 seconds slower than the track record..
BAM!!! nose dive into the third on the triple,busted both front body mounts,,and blew my left front shock out...
so I got my shocks,,,off a T5...aluminum,,,screw down dial in..bleeder caps...just rebuilt..
Old 05-12-2019, 03:55 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

When I was typing my response above, I was also thinking a person could find a used SC5M to share/swap parts with. The big decision sometimes, when jumping into racing with a RTR package, and trying to keep initial costs down (if that's an issue)...knowing you will upgrade/replace parts as time goes on.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:15 AM
RabidDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
When I was typing my response above, I was also thinking a person could find a used SC5M to share/swap parts with. The big decision sometimes, when jumping into racing with a RTR package, and trying to keep initial costs down (if that's an issue)...knowing you will upgrade/replace parts as time goes on.
yea my bad it was off a sc5m...and hes selling the roller for 100... was thinking about it...and kinda still am...as i just really took a look,and seems i broke a rear hub,and a shaft is bent..just ordered aluminum rears on sale 8$ from TA..
and going to see if hes got bones 4 sale..race right after new shocks,,i was all over,,no time to adjust,or even practice...and we are waiting on road clearance for dump trucks at my local practice track for new clay...hopefully this week..
Old 05-15-2019, 02:36 PM
RabidDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

1thing I know i shouldnt do is upgrade the motor..
but im ordering a Hobbywing 5400Kv and 120 amp ecm,combo.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:56 AM
RabidDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

UPDATE!!
So I went to the dude,paid him my 20..never seen so mutch RC 1/10th stuff ...he had more than the traxxas dealer in town..rollers.tires,remotes,bodies all over..
so i ask If he had some tires i could burn off,,throw him 20..dude gives me,12 tires and rims,4 clay,4 off road,4 mixed..
and a roller sc10b....WHAT XMAS!!!!
took my reedy dropped that in...hobbywing in the PRO..
made a hot swap box for receiver,30 second change from 1 truck to another...boom!!
race day tomorrow!!!