Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Replacement axle and motor help for JJRC Q65

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 11:09 AM
cheaprcer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement axle and motor help for JJRC Q65

Edit: Seems to be the MN-45 / WPL C34.

I have three of these now (all dead), different bodies but looks like the same drivetrain. First one, a FJ45 body, I drove on sand and stripped the rear differential. The second, a Defender body (MN-90), my son burnt the motor or ESC. The third, a Jeep body, I put in a 7.4v lipo and killed the ESC/motor. All three have slightly different suspensions and the Jeep has different electronics (uses 4.8v battery and the remote has bunch of controls). The FJ45 and Defender have good articulation and I really like how they run so I was looking at fixing/upgrading the axle/diff to metal ones and the motor to something more durable.

Trouble is, I can't seem to find the right axles. For example, the rear axle measures 137mm, end to end. I ordered upgrade/metal axles for the 1:12 truck (also sold as upgrades for D90/91) and those are narrow and the axle housing mounts don't line up. I looked into 1/10 axles and they seem to be too wide. If I search for MN-90 axles (since the Defender is sold as MN-90), the options shown seem to be narrower than what's on the truck. Can someone please point me to the right replacement/upgrade axles (complete with housing) for these trucks?

Sorry! Had to defang URLs since I don't have 10 posts yet on the forum.

This is the replacement I bought and turned out to be slightly narrower:
smile. amazon. com/gp/product/B07JLSMG2R

The FJ45 I got:
www. ebay. com/itm/FJ-45-Off-road-Pickup-1-12-Truck-Crawler-4WD-RTR-Off-Road-Remote-Control-RC-Car/233178160146

Defender (says MN-90 in description):
www. banggood. com/MN-90-1-12-2_4G-4WD-Rc-Car-Front-LED-Light-2-Body-Shell-Roof-Rack-Crawler-Monster-Truck-RTR-Toy-p-1364874.html?ID=228&cur_warehouse=USA

Jeep:
www. ebay. com/itm/2-4G-RC-Car-1-10-Mini-Military-Jeep-Remote-Control-Buggy-4WD-Off-Road-With-Tent/233187010968

Small differences, the Jeep is better built in the sense it has a metal frame and driveshafts are removable with a small hex screw but the leaf suspension doesn't flex much and it takes 4.8v battery which I found very odd. The FJ45 and Defender are almost identical, I believe (sorry, posting from work and don't have them in front of me, right now).

Would love to upgrade axles and motor on these. Thanks.

Last edited by cheaprcer; 07-01-2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: change model name