RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

veteran r/c racer getting back in sport

Old 06-23-2019, 08:54 PM
vegas7o2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default veteran r/c racer getting back in sport

I used to have a rc10t2 back in the day lol it was right when the 8ths scale gas "buggies" or whatever they were techincally considered were BLOWING UP when I got out.

I have since had a son and hes almost 6 I would really like to get back into r/c cars so I can get myself a bit more active !

in any case I prefer trucks as they dont roll as much and are easier for me, I will go back to buggies etc once I am used to it all again.

With that being said I wanted to know where to start. I have to buy everything over again - before I used a light bulb setup soldered to decharge, and I actually made a dc power supply from an atx power supply..
I have to start over completely so please anyone that has been in this position before I appreciate any help as I am really hoping someone points me in the right direction.

I have a hobby town usa here and I used to buy battery cells and assemble my own batteries before to save on battery costs which seemed to help a lot. I do not plan to get rid of this stuff until I die this time

It seems we have a ASQC track here for quarter scales which is WAY to big for me. and sep facility with indoor carpet track that looks really neat. needless to say im very excited. I used to spend all day at the rc track from the time they opened until closing as a kid!
Old 06-25-2019, 08:02 AM
RabidDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by vegas7o2 View Post
I used to have a rc10t2 back in the day lol it was right when the 8ths scale gas "buggies" or whatever they were techincally considered were BLOWING UP when I got out.

I have since had a son and hes almost 6 I would really like to get back into r/c cars so I can get myself a bit more active !

in any case I prefer trucks as they dont roll as much and are easier for me, I will go back to buggies etc once I am used to it all again.

With that being said I wanted to know where to start. I have to buy everything over again - before I used a light bulb setup soldered to decharge, and I actually made a dc power supply from an atx power supply..
I have to start over completely so please anyone that has been in this position before I appreciate any help as I am really hoping someone points me in the right direction.

I have a hobby town usa here and I used to buy battery cells and assemble my own batteries before to save on battery costs which seemed to help a lot. I do not plan to get rid of this stuff until I die this time

It seems we have a ASQC track here for quarter scales which is WAY to big for me. and sep facility with indoor carpet track that looks really neat. needless to say im very excited. I used to spend all day at the rc track from the time they opened until closing as a kid!
welcome back...
as a newb ,,I can say HERE everything is electric brushless 1/10th short course trucks,there are one or 2 ppl that have 1/8 a couple 1/5.TRAXXAS is the main brand in my area..I run a Team associated Prosc10[Reedy 3300kv] and SC10B-RS[Hobbywing 5400kv] brushless powered.
Traxxas slash seems to be the opener,12 turn brushed motor....cheap,well kinda cheap...
stay away from brand batteries...a 5200mA traxxas battery can cost 60+ when u can get 2 knockoffs for less..i got 2 YOU&ME 5200 lipos and a charger on AMAZON for 85,been using the batts 3 months now,,still run strong hold a good charge..
same with TRAXXAS chargers..

Last edited by RabidDog; 06-25-2019 at 08:07 AM.