Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

New to RCs, got myself a Tenacity Truggy, have questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New to RCs, got myself a Tenacity Truggy, have questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:43 AM
Chrisvw82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RCs, got myself a Tenacity Truggy, have questions

As the title states, I’m new to RCs and got a Tenacity T to start with and I love this thing. Started off with a 5000mah 50c 2s battery and just got a 5200mah 50c 3s and boy did that wake it up!

I want to get some parts for it, maybe like a metal front bumper, but can’t seem to find one. Would a front bumper off of a Tenacity SCT work or is the platform too different?
Old 07-18-2019, 05:56 PM
mycarisaser

Yes the tenacity sct bumper will fit. They are basically the same truck but with different bumpers, tires, and body mounts.

A cheap upgrade for the truck is a 3674 size motor. Stops all the heats issues. The stock motor is undersized for the truck.
I also had issues with the stock diff outdrives wearing out very quickly. So I ordered some lightned outdrives from the losi scte 3.0.

I love this truck. Just sold my rustler 4x4 and looking at selling my arrma kraton 4s. The losi handles way better.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:24 AM
Ground Pound

Nice...looks like you did the Pro Kit and a servo upgrade along with the motor swap, maybe some other stuff.

I've only done a servo swap which is essential on these. I haven't popped any plastic shock caps but then I don't try landing 50' jumps with it.

Great truck for $250 right now. I've made some other RC purchases recently that I regretted but not this one.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:23 PM
Apriliasxvsm07

Im building a Tenacity Chassis up right now so any info that continues will be helpfull to me as well.
what motor upgrade? Brand and source? I am doing alot of research, trying to build this the best i can, all ready got a REEFS RC 400 servo to start with.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:04 AM
mycarisaser

Default Sorry

Sorry I didnt get back. Just seen this. Didnt get an email notification that there was a reply.

Still driving the mess out of the truggy. It's a rock solid truck.
The motor is a cheap ebay 3674 2650kv motor with an arrma kraton 4s heatsink and fan.

I have worn out a set of drive shafts already. The lightened diff outdrives are holding up well. Running the truck on 3s in the high 40mph range to 50mph. So part wear is going to happen. Haven't had any issues with anything breaking or and diff issues. Like I said it's a solid truck. It holds up to scate park 30+ft high jumps and everything.