Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

A tank question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 05:27 PM
308jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A tank question

Evening everyone,

I'm finally back online after having been gone for quite a while and getting by most of the time with an I Pad. I've looked around here once or twice but posting has been minimal. I was at Hobby Town today with my dad and he purchased an RC Tank. I don't know much about it but it looks like a fun way to spend some time. It started me thinking though. Quite a few years back he was in Hong Kong and bought a Tamiya tank kit, one of the German machines and I suspect it is a Tiger. He hasn't run it in quite a while and it certainly needs some updates on the internals. I mean lets face it, a 72mhz radio and NiCd batteries were in use when it was built. The real problem though is that a few track sections are missing. Not much but enough to disable it. Does anyone have a clue at all where we might find track kits or sections for something out of that product line? It was a lot of work assembling all those parts at the time and I'd like to get it back together. I seriously doubt any of this line is still made but maybe someone has a few bits and pieces stashed in a drawer or a box or knows of a source? Thanks.

Rick H.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't know anything about tanks but there's a tank forum down the page a ways. Somebody in there can probably answer your questions. RC Tanks - RCU Forums

Last edited by Big Alice; 08-08-2019 at 05:58 PM.