Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Shock/Spring Upgrade to a Losi 22S ST RTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 12:40 AM
hlhowes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock/Spring Upgrade to a Losi 22S ST RTR

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to be posting this thread, but I couldn't find something specific to suspension upgrades or to short course trucks. My son and I have been operating together for the last 2 years with E C X and Losi R T R products. This is mostly due to him being 4 and just learning how to operate an RC. We love spending the time together learning and bashing about with the cars, but we consistently run into the same issue, and that is poor quality shocks/springs on R T R products. I have been looking for the past few days for shock/spring upgrades for our 1/10 scale Losi 22S ST 2WD Brushless RC to no avail. I understand that it is an R T R and likely would not have upgrade parts from the manufacturer, but is it likely that you can use similar dimension suspension parts and they would potentially bolt up with minimal modification? Modding parts to fit is not an issue for me since that is basically my day job anyway. Just looking for suggestions or advice or even links to some decent quality shock and spring upgrades that could work on this platform.Thanks in advance.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:54 AM
RabidDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hlhowes
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to be posting this thread, but I couldn't find something specific to suspension upgrades or to short course trucks. My son and I have been operating together for the last 2 years with E C X and Losi R T R products. This is mostly due to him being 4 and just learning how to operate an RC. We love spending the time together learning and bashing about with the cars, but we consistently run into the same issue, and that is poor quality shocks/springs on R T R products. I have been looking for the past few days for shock/spring upgrades for our 1/10 scale Losi 22S ST 2WD Brushless RC to no avail. I understand that it is an R T R and likely would not have upgrade parts from the manufacturer, but is it likely that you can use similar dimension suspension parts and they would potentially bolt up with minimal modification? Modding parts to fit is not an issue for me since that is basically my day job anyway. Just looking for suggestions or advice or even links to some decent quality shock and spring upgrades that could work on this platform.Thanks in advance.
Ima newb also....
but I can say shocks are shocks....traxxas shocks fit right on my team associated,and visa versa..as long as they are the same size..12mm......13mm....and pay attention to length 90/100/110mm..
I have pro lines on 1 and protek on the other,,,and i got the proteks at the track when one of mine blew out,and got them off a losi...
just pay attention as most front shocks are shorter,so dont go buying all the same length shocks.
also you have a short course truck SC,,so dont go buying crawler shocks..