Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ECX Torment Questions.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:28 PM
NitroJunkie269

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ECX Torment Questions.

i have a ecx torment , and i was wondering what is a good brushless motor to go with , i don't want to spend a ton of money as i have an older rustler i am going to make brushless aswell , i know for the ecx i will have to put the steel gears in it to run a brushless set up , i have a vxl rustler , a vxl stampede and also a 3s brushless arrma big rock , so was just wondering what are some cheaper brushless set ups? i have been looking into the dynamite 2 n 1 set up.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:11 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm assuming you are talking about the 2wd Torment. If you are/were happy with the stock brushless motor (Tazer 3300kv?), and wanted a bit more "umph", I'd throw in one of the cheap eBay specials. Something like a 3800kv motor ...https://www.ebay.com/itm/3652-3421KV...53.m1438.l2649

I really haven't had major problems with any of my low budget motors other than the bearings are super junk. The bearings almost always seem to give out in a very short period of time. That's how it ends up for me anyways. A couple of dollars for new bearings, and I usually have little to no issues afterwards.

Last edited by RustyUs; 10-21-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: wording
Old 10-21-2019, 07:47 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

After re-reading your post, I seen the 2-in-1 mentioned. If you are wanting something with a very good reputation and quality, and need an ESC to go along with a brushless motor, I'd suggest a Hobbywing combo. For a lighter weight 2wd SCT, possibly something like a Hobbywing EZRun Max10 3300kv combo should be looked at.

I can't help but think about what would I do if one of those brushless motors, with the ESC inside of it, would all of the sudden...quit on me. I'd much sooner have separate components. Leave the 2-in-1/3-in-1 stuff for small on-road RCs. It's a great idea, but for off-road hobby grade 1/10 scale platforms...give me seperate pieces of gear that I can change out when the time comes.