Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Good esc motor for 1/10 scale

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 07:58 AM
02stangguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good esc motor for 1/10 scale

I have a dhk razr 1/10 truck that’s been sitting around for a few years that I want to get going again. As far as I know the esc is fried. What’s a good esc motor combo that I can throw in it? Dose t have to be top of the line at all. Just something to have fun with. And if I put a new esc and motor in will the transmitter still work with it or will I have to do something else. Also what’s a cheap 3s battery and charger I could pick up? Thanks
Old 11-19-2019, 12:46 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Decent entry level combo from GoolRC will do fine for a while.

Next step up in quality is this HobbyWing combo which will stand the test of time.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:20 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi 02stang, also a good esc is a hobby wing exrun 120 A and motors can vary how fast you want to go with the right gearing combination i have a hobbywing 120A with a 17.5 t in a team associated b6.1
buggy with 2s batts and you can even go to a lower turn motor like a 13.5 T, .10.5 T and sensored motors you can look at trinity monster motors . reedy Maclan, team power, team orion , there are quite a few good ones out there ., batteries you want a good set of lipo batts 2s or 3s that will handle the esc and motor , and chargers , you probably want a dual battery charger so you can do 2 sets of lipo s and there also chargers
that will do 4 batteries at once , some good chargers are the I CHARGER ,, ultra power , team orion and more some of these chargers are used for various applications for racing , off road , on road , indoor and outdoor tracks ok mugey
Old 11-21-2019, 06:00 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

02stangguy, if you are happy with your radio, no need to swap it out. What motor do you currently have in the Razr? And the 3S pack that you are searching for, is going to go in the Raz-R? I am just curious.

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-21-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:24 AM
02stangguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone . Yes I would like to run the 3s in the razr. Right now I have a surpass motor in it. I think it’s a 3650 4300kv. The car stopped working a few years ago so I bought the motor thinking that I cooked the original one but I never got it working. It just switches. I then assumed that is was the esc that was toast and not the motor but I’m just going to get a new esc motor combo
Old 11-26-2019, 03:30 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi 02 stang guy , that sounds good , i sent you a pri message look into that info ok mugey