Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Roll Cage for offroad truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 05:01 PM
SurferGuy710

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Cage for offroad truck

HAs anyone ever made a roll cage for a stadium truck? I really want one to protect the insides from rollover and to just look cool.

Got any ideas on what materials to use???

...its gotta be decent but I cant go buy steel tubing and bend it, just be practicle
Old 10-06-2003, 05:40 PM
injectedsmile16

Default RE: Roll Cage for offroad truck

I have never seen anyone do it with a stadium truck there is a lot for MT's but you could probably make it out of some thick aluminum. You may bend it but probably not for a while.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:56 PM
The Newbie...

oh yes i own a business called AVR = Arian Vogle Rollcages
i can make a roll cage for any rc car, truck, S truck, boat you get the idea
and for a stadium truck with aluminum roll cage material i can make it for 25 us bucks but u have to pay me 50 aus dollars cause i'm in america k
Old 10-06-2003, 09:16 PM
speenair

Well there is some problems here. The first is wait... y add extra weigt... it will just slow it down and never do stuff for looks unless it is a paintjob on a body or something lighter. U don't need a rollcage.. my body protects mine just fine. if u want a roll gage by an MT.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:03 PM
mtrchamp
My Feedback: (4)

if you really want to do that try some aluminum. Take it and crimp it to 90 degree angles and then solder the pieces together. To attach the roll cage my guess is to drill some holes in the side of the chassis, and stick a piece of aluminum in it then crimp it to a 90 degree andgle and solder the pieces together again. I don't see why you would want to do that unless you are making it a show car. But good luck and let me know how it turns out.