Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Novak Brushless motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 08:31 PM
SlamtheNutta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak Brushless motor

these novak brushless motors are they a good investment?
Old 10-09-2003, 12:02 PM
smmetz

Default RE: Novak Brushless motor

I heard that the Novak Super Sport brushless motor system can make an Evader go in the mid 30s for top speed. They seem nice to me, the no maintenance part about brushless, and increased battery life compared to a similar performance bushed motor, are pretty cool advantages. The Hacker brand ones are supposed to be faster, but also cost closer to 400, instead of around $235 for a new Novak one. Also, I am no expert, but I heard that you might have to upgrade more gears in your tranny if you go with the hacker system, cause it is so powerful it might stip the gears.

I've seen the Novak systems sold used for 180-190, you can consider that too if you want to save a few bucks. Here is a link to one for sale in that range.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ovak+brushless
Old 10-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Ultima_Racer

I bought an rtr truck (rustler) for $150 so paying that much fro just a motor and speed controller is a bit far fetched.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:03 PM
SlamtheNutta

geee thanks for the info guys maybe itll be easier (and cheaper$$) to get a low turn motor and learn how to rebuild that
Old 10-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to one of the R/C magizines I read some time ago, the long term costs of the brushless motor is cheaper over one year. I'd guess it would depend on how often one runs their electric motor and if one has access to a comm-lath and other equipment.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:11 PM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

well i cant give you specifics yet, just a comparison out in the street. I got a tc3 running the SS and then i have one running a 13t motor, there is still a small gearing difference becuase i didnt plan on taking the SS outside, but the speed is off the hook. there is a review in RC Car action where they tested the motor againest a 10t and they were basically equal except the SS ran longer. Just from out playing in the street, the SS is a strong motor and not too bad for 200 bucks.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:19 PM
SlamtheNutta

thanks trigger thanks sleepy the info is much appriciated i think ill go on e bay and look for a used one or maybe ill save up its hard to tell i could swap my xxx-s setup with my evader(my xxx-s has a 10T motor and a super rooster ecs) and see what happens if im pleased i shall buy