Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New to cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Bunkerbuster0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to cars

I am new to rc cars (the cool ones atleast) and wanted to build my own. My friend would help me make one because he made his own. I was wondering how I would do this and the parts I would need. Thanks in advanced.
Dan
Old 10-09-2003, 07:10 PM
SlamtheNutta

Default RE: New to cars

if your new you should get a rtr(ready to run) because there is a lot to learn and if you just wanna drive an rtr is best, check out the duratrax evader its a cool truck and its super durable www.duratrax.com, also do some research on speed contrls,motors,recievers and rc in general do a google search on rc cars good luck
Old 10-09-2003, 07:41 PM
SlamtheNutta

oh yeah go to www.rccentral.com there is a guy on that site who does reports on rtrs look for forums)
Old 10-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Bunkerbuster0

I hate ready to run cars. Besides its almost winter and money is really tight.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:49 PM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

dont buy a rtr My first car was a rs4 3 ss and i built it. Its not hard. Take your time follow the instructions and if something isnt working on come on here and ask and take a break from it. Re read the instructions and make sure your doing everything right. most of the time the tools you need are included (allen keys) you'll need maybe a phillips head screwdriver and after that nitro fuel, a radio system, in somecases a motor. if i missed anything lemme know and any more questions just ask
Old 10-09-2003, 09:12 PM
injectedsmile16

Are you looking to get into off road or on road cars? I have helped friends build a few cars but have never bought a kit for myself. Dont go with RTR, when you build the car yourself it gives you an advantage over an RTR. The reason is because you know how your car was built and it will be easier for you to work on and know how to fix it if something breaks. Also it is just plain cool to build your own truck and watch it fly through the air thinking in the back of your mind "i built that". Anyway thats just my .02
Old 10-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Bunkerbuster0

For now I just want a street to race my friend. But sooner or later I will probaly go off road. Thanks again.
Dan
P.S.
What do I need to build a car