Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya Mini Cooper

Old 11-13-2003, 10:30 AM
RCAV8R3
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Mini Cooper

Hello,
I am getting ready to purchase the Tamiya Mini Cooper and I was wondering if anybody owns one and could give me some feedback on it. I have read a couple of threads stating that is was a good car, but I have read some that say it needs alot of upgrades. I am just looking for a car to run around in the street with some friends, I don't plan on racing it. Thanks

Scotty540[8D]
Old 11-13-2003, 01:14 PM
GTO2

Default RE: Tamiya Mini Cooper

There're 2 Mini Cooper, is it the new one or the classic one?
Classic one is the shorter wheelbase, aka M03 chassis. Handling is a bit twitchy but corner speed is good and easy steering.
The new one, BMW mini cooper has longer wheelbase, aka M03L chassis. Same as those filmed in Italian Job. Handling is much smoother although slightly heavier and less twitchy.
I prefer the M03L Cooper over the classic one. Hope this helps.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Clod
My Feedback: (-1)

go with it i've got the new one all stock go's like the clappers and handles cool got rally tyres on mine but other than that all stock!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:13 AM
RCAV8R3
My Feedback: (13)

Thanks, I thought is looked like a good car. I have been around the hobby for a while and I know that Tamiya makes a good kit.

gto2, It is the classic one, it is a goal of mine to restore a Mini but for now I have to settle for R/C

Scotty540