Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Novak brushless

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 08:55 PM
kennebell50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak brushless

I want to put a Novak brushless SS in my TXT-1. Has anyone done this. Will it work in that truck. Will the power be good enough?
Old 01-01-2004, 02:30 AM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Novak brushless

What motor setup does the TXT normally run?

I've got the Novak SS system in a XXX4 G+, and its a scorcher. They also make a high voltage version for monster trucks that you might consider.

m
Old 01-01-2004, 04:40 AM
Hyrax

If I remember properly the ss is equivalent to a 10 turn hand wound brushed motor which is the same (if not more) power than the two 27 turn stockers that the truck comes with. However it makes that power at a much higher RPM and thus delivers alot less torque than two 27 turn motors running in parrallel. If you run alot smaller pinion (less teeth) with a single ss, you should get similiar performance to stock with all the advantages of a brushless setup. The other option is to run a dual ss setup and that would be a absolute animal. Not cheap though.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:04 AM
studysession

ORIGINAL: Hyrax
However it makes that power at a much higher RPM and thus delivers alot less torque than two 27 turn motors running in parrallel.
I have seen a Novak SS on an EMaxx when I was back in the US - Just one motor not two. This thing is a monster. It has more torque and power than an EMaxx running on brushless motor with 2 stock motors.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:19 AM
kennebell50

Yes torque output is my biggest concern, I don't think the HV-maxx brushless motor will fit but I'm not sure. I'd like to use the bigger one if it would fit.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:33 AM
studysession

You will be happy with the Novak SS - If you can fit the bigger motors, the other has more low end and I think it handles more cells as well.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:14 AM
kennebell50

The TXT-1 is considerably heavier than most applications the Novak SS is normally being used in. I'm just concerned about the truck being to big for that setup. It is about 12 lbs.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:03 AM
studysession

Its your decision - you need to get something you will be happy with.